Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

In BRA in LC (exclu the previews) MOS OD was not as big as CA, but bigger than Thor, about 12% ahead of WWZ OD, way ahead of GL & SR

Thor opened to 5.27M in Brazil, if MOS is ahead of Thor and keep that up for the rest of weekend, including 1.1M from previews, 6M OW for MOS looks possible.

Edited by Sam

Man of Steel is still flying high at the overseas box office. The Superman reboot has now grossed $338.2 million. A $5.6 million opening weekend in Brazil (including previews) propelled the film to the top of the country's box office chart. Man of Steel performed 117% above Iron Man 2, 142% ahead of The Dark Knight, and 178% higher than Transformers 2 in Brazil. The top markets for Superman's latest adventure include China ($62.9M in 4 weeks), the U.K. ($45 million in 5 weeks), Mexico ($21 million in 5 weeks), Australia ($19.3 million in 3 weeks), France ($18 million in 4 weeks), South Korea ($15.2 million in 5 weeks), and Russia ($10.7 million in 4 weeks).

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-07-14-global-pacific-rim-posts-58m-overseas-debut-fast-6-breaks-700m-global

Edited by Alucard

$5.6 million including previews

Thanks, Olive. So 4.5M OW, that's good I guess considering it had previews and late release date. Do you think 20M is possible?

Also, that means MOS gross 17M from all markets from last week, 61% drop.

Thanks, Olive. So 4.5M OW, that's good I guess considering it had previews and late release date. Do you think 20M is possible?Also, that means MOS gross 17M from all markets from last week, 61% drop.

Thor had 3.5x multiplier.

MOS should do around same.

16-18m

Really? I don't know that. I thought that's just an Australian thing :lol:

In fact, it is Winter in whole south hemisphere right now. But I think that does not affect too much to Brazil: today the temperature in Rio de Janeiro, for example, is 29º C (84º F)

• Like 1

In fact, it is Winter in whole south hemisphere right now. But I think that does not affect too much to Brazil: today the temperature in Rio de Janeiro, for example, is 29º C (84º F)

Thanks for the info. Seems like I must consider reviewing my knowledge on world geography.