Total Recall  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Total Recall

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Well last night ( or early this morning whatever ) I was bored and couldn't sleep so I decided to give this one a go given that its sci fi action and I like that particular genre and I loved the original so yeah 

First off I don't dislike Wiseman ... matter of fact when he's directing this big stupid action stuff he's better than Bay IMO 

My problems with this movie were the following : 

paint by numbers remake of the original 

Kate Beckinsale is hot and all but I seriously cannot buy this woman as a freakin Terminator which she obviously was in this movie

also her character was sooooo supposed to die in the elevator chase scene but due to her 'connection' with the movie she was unnecessarily kept in till the end 

car ( well those hovering things ) chase was a complete mess 

seriously underwritten characters 

seriously underwritten plot 

no logic ( the fall is a tunnel and the only way to get to the other side of the planet ???? in a future where technology is like this ? I mean in the end when he destroys that thing that travels through the earth and closes the hole they are safe ? there are no airplanes but they do have hovering cars and all that other stuff ? also they were going to invade this really huge place with 50000 soldiers ? come on now writers don't be so fucking lazy ) 

Good stuff - 

Again I don't mind Wiseman ... if he was to work with better scripts he might be able to produce a decent movie ... while he does rip off plenty of other directors out there he does keep me entertained during action scenes somewhat ... they are nicely choreographed too 

Farrell is a solid leading man ... I guess the audience never gave him a proper chance ( he's a star but he's not much successful in big movies ) 

The one thing I disliked about the original is the very ending. Even when I watched it for the first time as a kid I thought that at the end all of it would turn out to be a fantasy at Rekall ... well here Wiseman practically does that ( I saw the director's cut I guess ) with a scene that totally reveals that 

Now if this was the original movie I would have rated it a bit higher but with all this stuff I mentioned I give it 

5/10 

My favourite SF movie ever, if you don't count Transformers films. Loved everything about it: the actors, the story (no surprise here, since Philip K. Dick is pretty much a genius) the visuals (the concept of that world and the way it was brought to life is so cool), the ending. 

A+