ecstasy

Weekend Actuals 8/24-8/26

I haven't posted in anything BO related in a while, and this is my first time seing TDKR's numbers since Bourne came out, and I'll say I'm satisfied with the total it's headed for. It isn't high enough to be really impressive, but it isn't grossing below anything to the point that you're just pissed off it made less than that movie. Like when TS3 was supposed to be the movie that had a shot at TDK's number 3 spot and it ended up not even passing fucking Shrek 2--as someone who is completely aware of the concrete fact that Toy Story is immensely better than anything Shrek, that was brutal. I set the point for total disaster for any super-blockbuster that gets critical acclaim as being below 400; not because of the number itself, but because that puts it under Transformers 2, and we know how awful that is, no matter how much that little group of survivors try to defend it. It's like.... "more people went to that turd movie Transformer 2 than this", America is dead, you know?