The Cold Light of Day

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It sucks. There is nothing entertaining in this, let alone good. Cavill is bloody awful, Willis is in this like 5 minutes and Weaver must really be having some financial troubles to accept making this crap. The action scenes during the night are impossible to follow, since I couldn't understand WTF was going on. One of the worst movies of the year with stupid twists everywhere. The only cool moment was the action scene at the ending.

• Like 1

First of all, what does the title have to do with anything in the movie? The film itself is quite bad unfortunately. Cavill is really bad in this and some of the script is really bad. I thought Willis was good and some of the directing and editing was very good at times. But for the most part this is borderline terrible. I really didn't understand the point of it all. Was Weaver just trying to get the money that came with the case? Why the need to even kidnap anyone in the first place. It seemed that Willis was happy being on his boat with his family and yet he was kidnapped by Israeli's because he took a case that I guess belonged to them and it had secrets in it. But Weaver really had it all along and she was making the buy. So they figured the best thing to do was to kidnap Willis' family, to draw out Weaver who was going to sell the case. But when Willis got to Weaver, why didn't the Israeli's just grab both of them there? Because the movie would have been over in 15 minutes that's why.3/10

• Like 1

well this is funny we all agree this was awful ...not even one review defending it oi!!i turned this off 30mn in i think ,when henry cavill character was being chased across the plaza by bad guys then he turns himself over to police guy who gets shoot then stupid other police guys suddenly think he's the killer then sigourney weaver character just happens to be there and he for some reason goes into her car ! i just couldnt do it esp when i saw the run time , it was excruciatingly tedious, no chemistry at all nothing clicked in this movie !i very rarely don't finish a movie i start watching,its as rare as a year with an extra day in february!but this one took the cake, i'm disappointed because henry cavill is superman , i love him in the tudors ; so i can only hope it wasnt so much him as the bad script and directing...and that he shines if given appropriate material

well this is funny we all agree this was awful ...not even one review defending it oi!!

i turned this off 30mn in i think ,when henry cavill character was being chased across the plaza by bad guys then he turns himself over to police guy who gets shoot then stupid other police guys suddenly think he's the killer then sigourney weaver character just happens to be there and he for some reason goes into her car !

i just couldnt do it esp when i saw the run time , it was excruciatingly tedious, no chemistry at all nothing clicked in this movie !

i very rarely don't finish a movie i start watching,its as rare as a year with an extra day in february!

but this one took the cake, i'm disappointed because henry cavill is superman , i love him in the tudors ; so i can only hope it wasnt so much him as the bad script and directing...and that he shines if given appropriate material

English period dramas suit his wooden acting. I like watching him in those though. But he is not a good actor by any stretch. We'll see with Superman. Maybe he has some coaching.

The Cold Light of Day

The most predictable, generic, and boring action film I have ever seen. I wanted the damn film to end as soon as possible. Let me first start by saying that Henry Cavill cannot act at all, and that is worrying for Man of Steel. But then I suppose Christopher Reeve was also a terrible actor and that didn't matter to the original films. Cavill seems too afraid to act, so he just doesn't do anything. I guessed almost everything in the movie; Bruce dying, Weaver being the villain, the newly found sister, and the ending, which was lame by the way.

The shots that were used were very simple. The 360 shot was used a lot in this movie, and to no great effect either. They were making better action movies than this in the 1970s. The story was generic, not enough was going on, and they didn't really let you into the story at all, which meant that I couldn't give a rats ass if Cavill lived or died. In fact, I was often rooting for Weaver to kill him.

How they got Bruce Willis to appear in this shit-fest is beyond me. They must have paid him so much money, but it's not exactly backed by huge money-spending producers, so perhaps it was just because he got a free holiday in Spain or something. The role couldn't have taken more than 2 weeks to film anyway. He was the best thing about this film. I enjoyed watching him in it, but when he was off-screen, it went back down to rock bottom, and when he died, it remained there until the end of the movie. Also, I don't see how they got Weaver either, unless she was just dying to play a villain. I don't see how this got a theatrical release anywhere! How Weaver dies, and how Bruce dies, is just so shit (especially Weaver's acting at that point), and their deaths are identical. Lame.

Cavil is just so not an action star. The whole film consisted of him just running away from people. That was it. Nothing was really explained and nothing really happened until 50 minutes into the film. Oh yeah, and there's tons of night action, so you don't actually get to see much (which is probably a blessing actually). I know what they tried to do, they tried to use the whole 'foreigner in a strange land is lost and his family are missing and this must be frightening', but the way it was put across, with its studio library chase music and rubbish scenarios, it just wasn't a problem for Cavill to get by.

Oh, I don't even see why I am dissecting it, it was just crap. Oh, and Colm Meaney was in it right at the end.

D

• Like 1