Impact

Wednesday, September 26th 2012 numbers BOM

Why were schools closed in the US?

Yom Kippur. That is the honest answer.What a lot of schools in the US do is designate the day as "teacher in service", so the staff has to report but the students get the day off. It also skirts the issue that they are essentially closing the school for a Jewish holiday.My daughter had no school. Lots of lots of school districts unofficially recognize the holiday.

Yom Kippur. That is the honest answer.What a lot of schools in the US do is designate the day as "teacher in service", so the staff has to report but the students get the day off. It also skirts the issue that they are essentially closing the school for a Jewish holiday.My daughter had no school. Lots of lots of school districts unofficially recognize the holiday.

I guess that explains the big jumps for ParaNorman and Timothy Green.And decent holds for Legacy and EX2 :)However with the TC losses this may be it. Ouch!14 12 The Bourne Legacy Universal 819 -612 -42.8% - - - - 815 9 The Expendables 2 Lionsgate 815 -1,005 -55.2% - - - - 7But at least Dredd is getting more theaters! One more week to get some money :D6 8 Dredd Lionsgate 2,557 +51 +2.0% - - - - 2

I guess that explains the big jumps for ParaNorman and Timothy Green.

And decent holds for Legacy and EX2 :)

However with the TC losses this may be it. Ouch!

14 12 The Bourne Legacy Universal 819 -612 -42.8% - - - - 8

15 9 The Expendables 2 Lionsgate 815 -1,005 -55.2% - - - - 7

But at least Dredd is getting more theaters! One more week to get some money :D

6 8 Dredd Lionsgate 2,557 +51 +2.0% - - - - 2

Next weekend drop in theaters is going to be very bad...