A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

This should be huge, to be released about 1 week from Chinese New Year 2014?

Is this a sequel to the Police Story movies from the 80s. I used to love those movies when they played on TV in India. Police Story, Armor of God, Project A - so many laughs and so much action in those movies. I was always left amazed.

• Like 2

zackzack loves Jackie Chan.   :( 

WTF?

Not really, I like the guy for his complete commitment to entertaining his audience but a lot of his movies are not well written. I dislike CZ12. But the new POLICE STORY looks different, gritty, more realistic and from the trailer, it looks like something I can sit through.

Edited by zackzack

Jackie's burned through a lot of his goodwill in Hong Kong with tone-deaf comments about how Hong Kong has too much freedom and general sucking up to the mainland (which goes beyond even what some mainlanders are willing to tolerate). CZ12 still did fine in HK, but nothing spectacular. But the mainland market is so important now that PS2013 probably would've been set in the mainland no matter what.

• Like 1

PT OD 80.2 includes 10.2m previews.

Records: biggest OD screens/screenings, biggest Dec OD, 3nd biggest OD for local films, 5th all time biggest OD, biggest preview/midnight for local films.

OW projection:

340M = (80.2/72/103/85)

Records: biggest OW screenings, biggest Dec OW, biggest OW for local films, 4th all time biggest OW.

PT probably could also be the second film ever to broke 10m adms on OW.

Edited by firedeep