A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Can DOFP get to 700M yuan? I think the Godzilla release will result in another precipitous decrease next weekend, of the order of -60% or more.

Easily..... by Thursday itself it will reach 690m. On Saturday it should be crossing 700m, on Sunday at worst. I am thinking 725m finish.
  • Like 1

'Transfomers 4' Stars Wish Chinese Students Luck for College Entrance Exam (Video)

“Hey, everyone, I’m Mark Wahlberg, star of the new movie Transformers 4: The Age of Extinction,"the actor says in his video. "The annual college entrance exam is coming, so I’d like to wish all of you students out there lots of luck, and don’t forget to catch Transformers 4 -- after the exam!”  lol...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/video-transformer-4-stars-wish-709821

Is the college entrance exam as big a deal in China as it is in Japan and Korea? Over here extreme students commit suicide over bad scores... :ph34r:

Yes, same things happened in China.

Is the college entrance exam as big a deal in China as it is in Japan and Korea? Over here extreme students commit suicide over bad scores... :ph34r:

India leads in student suicides, both prior to and after joining college. It is a sad state of affairs.

When does DOFP finish it's theatrical run in China?

Weekly            Total      

14-05-26 至 14-06-01 (Week 2) 270,320,000 510,284,000 10 232842 7212898 37

14-05-19 至 14-05-25 (Week 1) 244,550,000 244,550,000   3 123225 6546824 37

The week should be Monday to Sunday on this chart on entgroup.cn, so the third week should be around 150m+. By comparison, TWS did 110m+ its third week and IM3 did 83m+ third week. I think DOFP has a chance of outgrossing IM3's 753m, if the week to week drops stay at around 50%. Needs like 90m+ more to do that. Go Fan Bing Bing :ph34r:

Edited by Skybreaker™
  • Like 1

Around 92m+ I think. TA2 should do big, 150m+ IMO.

Cool what do you think JUGGERNAUT 2 will do my friend :). Many folks think 350M to 400+M is likely the way how folks support all things Cameron when it comes to giant epics from him..:D

I believe China and Japan will yield 550-700M all by themselves.

Edited by Superman001