A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Holy shit ! LIT could score 10M+ admissions during OW, almost beating T3D as new all time reocord ! :o

Holy fucking hell.10M people is like half of Australia watching a movie OW...And would be an automatic all time admissions record here.. (current is around 8,5m)

Breaking:

LiT jumped 100% on Saturday, scoring 100M+ yuan, setting a new single day gross record for a local film. LiT also the becomes first 2D movie to achive the milestone ever at the China box office.

On Saturday, it also sets a new single day attendece record, drawing 3.3 million audience, beating previous record hold by Titanic 3D with 2.9M.

Through 5 days opening week, LiT will make north of 300M yuan or around $50M, also a new opening record for a local film and a 2D film.

OW admissions for LiT will be around 11 millions, beating Titanic 3D's 10M as the new all time record.

With wom through the roof and holidays following, LiT is heading to 800M~900M yuan ~$130M~140M in gross, which will be a new all time record for a lcoal film and 2D film and 30M admissions, which will be a new all time record for a single release, beating Avatar's 27M.

(Insane, speechless...)

• Like 1

I've already been speechless since its opening day. Crazy and insane.This year, China B.O. are really full of big surprises.

December 2012 will be a record-setting 2B+ yuan.SARFT can relax now as local films are safely making more than 50% yearly market share. Edited by firedeep

One step further, next week's CZ12 should be a big hit (another possible $100M hit) due to its solid quality but the others, I see they flop.

500M Yuan would be decent for CZ12 and Huayi will be happy(although they must be very angry by LiT's success atm. :P ). The Guillotines maybe can survive by 3D boost. But The Last Tycoon will flop for sure.

Purely anecdotal, but I'm feeling absolutely no heat behind Guillotines or Last Tycoon. Some people I've talked to don't even know they exist (they know about CZ12 though). CZ12 will take the audience that wants spectacle and LIT will take everyone else. The others will get crumbs. I suppose Last Tycoon could have some appeal for older audiences with some nostalgic affinity for The Bund, but older audiences aren't the ones packing the theaters. Looks like The Grandmasters might've dodged a bullet by getting pushed into 2013.

• Like 1

500M Yuan would be decent for CZ12 and Huayi will be happy(although they must be very angry by LiT's success atm. :P ). The Guillotines maybe can survive by 3D boost. But The Last Tycoon will flop for sure.

I have seem the opening scene for it. Old and boring. looks to be a flop. CZ12 3D will kill it.

Purely anecdotal, but I'm feeling absolutely no heat behind Guillotines or Last Tycoon. Some people I've talked to don't even know they exist (they know about CZ12 though). CZ12 will take the audience that wants spectacle and LIT will take everyone else. The others will get crumbs. I suppose Last Tycoon could have some appeal for older audiences with some nostalgic affinity for The Bund, but older audiences aren't the ones packing the theaters. Looks like The Grandmasters might've dodged a bullet by getting pushed into 2013.

I agree.

'V for Vendetta' Aired Uncut on Chinese State TV

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/v-vendetta-aired-uncut-chinese-403107

Official broadcasters’ screening of the 2005 film, which has been banned in China for its advocacy for revolutions against authoritarian rule, has prompted discussion about possible relaxation of content curbs under new regime.

Something might be happening ...