A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Went to my local multiplex. Expendables 2 flyers everywhere. Grabbed me about 30 of them. :DI think the cinemas know this is going to do well. A bit of late promotion. No trailer yet though being shown in and outside the cinema. Hopefully start soon.

You also think it can do 125-150 mill? In China

I have no idea. I am not an expert on Chinese grosses. I just say what I see and hope it does well. $30m is all I'm expecting, so I have a feeling that I will be pleasantly surprised.

Even i think that it will do 30 mill opening week :)

Thats awesome... But should'nt it be near Titanic 3D to reach firedeep/fake numbers?

These are only early pre-sales. Perhaps TE2 isn't the type of film to get pre-sales. Much like the first one, it will probably do well via WOM and have a good 2nd weekend hold.In other news, I pre-bought my Spider-Man tickets today for tomorrow morning in 3D. That's 90yuan I have given to TASM :D

These are only early pre-sales. Perhaps TE2 isn't the type of film to get pre-sales. Much like the first one, it will probably do well via WOM and have a good 2nd weekend hold.In other news, I pre-bought my Spider-Man tickets today for tomorrow morning in 3D. That's 90yuan I have given to TASM :D

You have a good time with that...Except for Lizard the movie is fantastic

Thats awesome... But should'nt it be near Titanic 3D to reach firedeep/fake numbers?

They were talking about local currency in that post, not USD. You can tell because they mention ASM and TDK doing 200M+ first week.125-150M Yuan would be under $30M USD. Edited by kswiston

They were talking about local currency in that post, not USD. You can tell because they mention ASM and TDK doing 200M+ first week.125-150M Yuan would be under $30M USD.

They were talking $ total!!!!

They were talking $ total!!!!

Here was Fake's post with the 125-150M number for Expendibles 2.

If TASM makes 220m this week, and TDKR 200m, then next week, we could see....TE2 - 125-150MTDKR - 90MTASM - 75MPROM - 65MWhat do you think firedeep?

He mentions 220M for ASM and 200M for TDKR this week. Then says next week we will see those totals for the films listed. I think it is pretty clear he means A) that those numbers are in Yuan, and B ) they are for next week only. Edited by kswiston

Here was Fake's post with the 125-150M number for Expendibles 2.He mentions 220M for ASM and 200M for TDKR this week. Then says next week we will see those totals for the films listed. I think it is pretty clear he means A) that those numbers are in Yuan, and B ) they are for next week only.

Pretty much.TE2 isn't doing $125-150m and Prometheus $65m in this universe. :P

Here was Fake's post with the 125-150M number for Expendibles 2.He mentions 220M for ASM and 200M for TDKR this week. Then says next week we will see those totals for the films listed. I think it is pretty clear he means A) that those numbers are in Yuan, and B ) they are for next week only.

Ups.. Sorry.. My bad

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2012-08-28-the-dark-knight-rises-sets-record-for-warner-bros-in-china

TDKR

Warner Bros. reports that The Dark Knight Rises added another $4.6 million to its haul in China on Tuesday, pushing its total to $9.1 million.

The 2nd day in China compares as follows:

- 135% ahead of Inception

- 92% ahead of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

- 6% ahead of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1

- On par with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (which was in 3D)

The Dark Knight Rises currently has a worldwide total of $958.2 million.