A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

USD Value for Top 5 Films in China

Wolf Warrior 2 : $874M

Hi Mom : $905M

TBALC : $834.6M till 10/19 ($819.6M until 10/17 + $8M (Mon) + $7M (Tue))

Ne Zha : $740M

Wandering Earth : $725M

DC3 : $755M

This are the USD value that I have found. I think that the site has gone insane.

Edited by Issac Newton

11 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

USD Value for Top 5 Films in China

Wolf Warrior 2 : $874M

Hi Mom : $905M

TBALC : $834.6M till 10/19 ($819.6M until 10/17 + $8M (Mon) + $7M (Tue))

Ne Zha : $740M

Wandering Earth : $725M

DC3 : $755M

This are the USD value that I have found. I think that the site has gone insane.

@Gavin Feng, Entgroup Weekly data has placed completely different figures for the films especially, placing Hi Mom on $900M+. While, daily Box Office remain unchanged as I calculated regularly. Any opinion regarding this?

9 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

@Gavin Feng, Entgroup Weekly data has placed completely different figures for the films especially, placing Hi Mom on $900M+. While, daily Box Office remain unchanged as I calculated regularly. Any opinion regarding this?

not sure about Entgroup for a long time. I can hardly remember Hi Mom could be that high in USD though ER keeps being better. It requires ¥5,750M at this point.

7 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

not sure about Entgroup for a long time. I can hardly remember Hi Mom could be that high in USD though ER keeps being better. It requires ¥5,750M at this point.

I am helping you with a link to week where the gross is $900.4M.

Week (04/05-04/11)

Hi Mom : $1.6M /$900.4M

http://english.entgroup.cn/boxoffice/cn/Default.aspx?week=1153

Edited by Issac Newton

For facts and calculation check on weekly exchange rate, I don't think Entgroup is wrong in this case. Because, only the daily Box office changes with current exchange rate. While, weekly exchange rate remain fixed. (As I earlier tracked Japanese Anime Film in Overseas Box Office and weekly exchange rate has not changed, So, I can say that Entgroup has not used Daily/Current Exchange rate for Weekly Gross). Anyone? Any Opinion regarding this?

BTW, congratulations for the first $900M+ film in China.

Edited by Issac Newton

15 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

For facts and calculation check on weekly exchange rate, I don't think Entgroup is wrong in this case. Because, only the daily Box office changes with current exchange rate. While, weekly exchange rate remain fixed. (As I earlier tracked Japanese Anime Film in Overseas Box Office and weekly exchange rate has not changed, So, I can say that Entgroup has not used Daily/Current Exchange rate for Weekly Gross). Anyone? Any Opinion regarding this?

BTW, congratulations for the first $900M+ film in China.

Along February and March of this year, when Hi, mom grossed most of its money, ER was worse than now (between 6.45 and 6.55). There is no way Hi, mom has reached $900m unless the local gross is higher than what we have been said.

With that ER range it should have finished with at least 5.8b-5.9b Yuan.

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

Along February and March of this year, when Hi, mom grossed most of its money, ER was worse than now (between 6.45 and 6.55). There is no way Hi, mom has reached $900m unless the local gross is higher than what we have been said.

With that ER range it should have finished with at least 5.8b-5.9b Yuan.

This serve me with lots of confusion. ER was worse on daily. On weekly exchange rate, we get the average of seven days in a week. I am not sure if Entgroup is wrong or not. Just for a check on legitimate site. It is owed by EnData, in other words, it's the international version that post value in USD. Daily Box office seems to familiar with what I do everyday. But, this weekly gross is making me crazy 😧. On the other hand, as I mentioned Japanese Anime Film grosses are not wrong and prominent film like F9 and Godzilla vs Kong are having the same gross as mentioned in BOM/The Numbers also as reported by their fellow distributor Universal Pictures/Warner Bros. 

42 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

This serve me with lots of confusion. ER was worse on daily. On weekly exchange rate, we get the average of seven days in a week. I am not sure if Entgroup is wrong or not. Just for a check on legitimate site. It is owed by EnData, in other words, it's the international version that post value in USD. Daily Box office seems to familiar with what I do everyday. But, this weekly gross is making me crazy 😧. On the other hand, as I mentioned Japanese Anime Film grosses are not wrong and prominent film like F9 and Godzilla vs Kong are having the same gross as mentioned in BOM/The Numbers also as reported by their fellow distributor Universal Pictures/Warner Bros. 

I have looked at several sites. The ER were these:

https://www.xe.com/es/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=CNY

You can look at the graphic the daily ER. It is in Spanish but I think it is enough clear. On Feb 12th, release date, ER was 6.45. By the end of March it was over 6.57. And in that period, it never dropped from 6.45. You can make week averages or apply the daily figure, but at the end ERs are always in 6.45-6.55 range, which makes Hi mom final gross $826m-$839m, nowhere close of $900m.

20 minutes ago, peludo said:

I have looked at several sites. The ER were these:

https://www.xe.com/es/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=CNY

You can look at the graphic the daily ER. It is in Spanish but I think it is enough clear. On Feb 12th, release date, ER was 6.45. By the end of March it was over 6.57. And in that period, it never dropped from 6.45. You can make week averages or apply the daily figure, but at the end ERs are always in 6.45-6.55 range, which makes Hi mom final gross $826m-$839m, nowhere close of $900m.

Yeah, I get that with US-based Nash Information "The Numbers" placed Hi Mom gross at $840.99M which I consider as correct and $848M globally.

$900M+ gross can not be as mistake or Wrong. But, probably an agenda by Government in driving to provide only highest possible USD value. (Because, we would also have got some higher value for other prominent film like F9 and Godzilla vs Kong)

@peludo, I actually don't placed numbers as Entgroup does weekly. But, daily gross conversion is familiar with my method. (I used "~" for the nearest value) So, it's easy for anyone to verify my estimate.

Apologies: Gavin, Oliver, Bulletproofsqui and my fellow friends in China, I don't want to hurt your respect and patriotism for your country. So, if possible please forgive me for my behavior.

Edited by Issac Newton

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

What is this discussion man. We had post few days back that its local currency that matter most. Even if you want US$ gross, just go back in thread. None of the site on English internet has accurate $ gross for films, so just stop with all that.

Apologies for the noise. Just posting the numbers as the found on the site. Only had a question on it's accuracy. Answers are already provided. Once again, apologies for my behavior.

Sorry, I am not a man. My pronoun is she/her.

sorry barack obama GIF by NowThis

• Like 1