A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Gosh,many couple break up after seeing “Lost in the stars” because girl think their boyfriend are violence and gonna hurt them but actually their boyfriend do nothing,they call all men “potential violence people”,which means,even now you not hurt me,but you have ability to hurt me,if one day you hit me,I can’t stop you,so I’m afraid of you ,and their boyfriend are also very angry for their girlfriend accused they are potential criminal because of a damn movie,and the whole society lead to the new gender war and extremely high discussed of Gender topic  ….

This movie have crazy social impact and social hype ,I think this movie gonna easily do 3B..

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Gosh,many couple break up after seeing “Lost in the stars” because girl think their boyfriend are violence and gonna hurt them but actually their boyfriend do nothing,they call all men “potential violence people”,which means,even now you not hurt me,but you have ability to hurt me,if one day you hit me,I can’t stop you,so I’m afraid of you ,and their boyfriend are also very angry for their girlfriend accused they are potential criminal because of a damn movie,and the whole society lead to the new gender war and extremely high discussed of Gender topic  ….

This movie have crazy social impact and social hype ,I think this movie gonna easily do 3B..

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard of 🤣

42 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard of 🤣

The phenomenon is called “What will happened between boyfriend and girlfriend after watching Lost in the Stars”,it’s one of the most popular trends on Chinese TikTok now,I truly have to say the company which making the movie knows how to make hype and explode the public emotion,and they really succeed,I have never see the movie have such a huge effect on relationship between genders in society,if the hype still move on the movie will make 4B,really insane.

For example,All my friends now talking on WeChat Group about how they afraid of men after watching the movie,they said they are “恐男”(Afraid of men),“恐婚”(Afraid of marrige),“恐育”(Afraid of giving brith to a child),and one of my best friend tell me after watching the movie,she once discussed with her boyfriend where they go to enjoy the vacation,and her boyfriend said”How about we going to Qinlin mountain (a famous tourist attraction in Xi’an city),and my friend just said to him:

“Will you kill me after we climb on the top of mountain?”

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

23 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

What a fragile society…. Relationship getting ruined by one movie.

Local box office data firm Maoyan predict Indiana Jones 5 is about to make ¥22.315M / $3.08M during its lifetime in China.

In comparison:

M3GAN - ¥22.34M / $3.08M

The Little Mermaid - ¥26.5M / $3.65M

Shazam 2 - ¥41.2M / $5.68M

Western presses believed The Little Mermaid flopped in Asia mostly because of racist backlash.

Well, let me tell you this. In China, the screenings of Indiana Jones 5 on opening day is less than what Little Mermaid got:

Jones 6 - 25K showtimes

TLM - 33K showtimes

Hollywood keep ignoring how bad their marketing & distribution jobs have been around here. I can't see anything studios have done for their movies especially rotten stuff. They really think local audience have duties to see your shit?

All of you deserve the results.

From Twitter Podcast of @GavinFeng 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Claudio said:

What a fragile society…. Relationship getting ruined by one movie.

No,it’s just the power of Internet,probably not every people get influenced by a movie when they first watched the movie,but some of people who get influenced by the movie will starting the fight at internet then effect people who doesn’t get effect at first phase, Internet make few people’s opinion able to effect whole society and build the bad atomsphete.