A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

So even turning out to be a disappointment, and not being able to cross even 500M yuan, Tiny Times (490M) could still be the highest grosser of summer 2013 ...

First summer since 2011 without 500M+ release ... only two 400M+ ones: TINY Times and FF6

What a terrible summer. JUST TERRIBLE. No one saw this coming.

Delaying, Piracy and fucked up schedules do kill movies.

Edited by firedeep

Well, piracy can only happen when a movie gets delayed for a long period.

But no reason why it should have been delayed till now anyway. It was released domestically in late May so no reason for the 2 month wait. Bottom line, it's the Chinese government screwing with Hollywood movies.  

But no reason why it should have been delayed till now anyway. It was released domestically in late May so no reason for the 2 month wait. Bottom line, it's the Chinese government screwing with Hollywood movies.  

Reason ? Sarft want it like this ...

Reason ? Sarft want it like this ...

My point is you can't say a movie is disappointing because it's all uphill battle to get a decent release in China and this is the reason why I can't see TF4 or Avatar 2 doing massively in China. 150-200M for each but not the 300M-400M like some were saying. 

My point is you can't say a movie is disappointing because it's all uphill battle to get a decent release in China and this is the reason why I can't see TF4 or Avatar 2 doing massively in China. 150-200M for each but not the 300M-400M like some were saying. 

It can. Whatever behind reasons you got for a movie, disappointing is disappointing. It's fact. My opinion.

FF6 midnight opening number is out.

Turns to be just 2.3M yuan, on par with MoS.

Once again, like what happened to MoS, highly overestimated.

Where did you get that number? According to Entgroup, FF6 midnight is 2.21M from 1834 theaters. There are still 1200+ theaters missing.

It can. Whatever behind reasons you got for a movie, disappointing is disappointing. It's fact. My opinion.

We'll agree to disagree. Sarft isn't giving good release dates to Hollywood movies, even IM3 got screwed or it would have hit 150M.