94% liked ratio on Wanda cinemas APP

8.4/10 on Maoyan's APP

8.4/10 on Gewara.com

Jupiter Ascending:

5.6/10 on Douban.com

79% liked ratio on Wanda cinemas APP

7.4/10 on Maoyan's APP

7.1/10 on Gewara.com

Thank you much...appreciate listing the top 3 for comparison. Edited by Bishop54

Disney celebrated a second victory over the weekend as the Oscar-winning Big Hero 6 became the top-grossing animated release of 2014 ahead of How to Train Your Dragon 2 ($618.9 million) thanks to a late run in China and other key international markets. Through Sunday, Big Hero's global tally is $632.8 million, including $75.8 million in Japan and $66.5 million in China, where it has become the No. 1 non-seqeul animated film of all time after 16 days of release, and the No. 3 animated title of all time. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-cinderella-lives-happily-781558

Edited by Holy Water
  • Like 2

What is your prediction for TA2? Is 200M still doable?

Seeing even C-listers-in-China like BH6 and Cinderella are doing $90m (an expert already thinks Ella can leg it to $100m), I dont believe Avengers 2 will miss 1.5B yuan, unless the movie were meh.

• Like 2

May 12 is in no way a bad date. It's just average ...... and of course, not as good as a holiday slot.

Andy Lau's Love and Lost likely to open low and play long. $50m total could be within reach. Taken 3 should open higher but eventually fall behind L&L.

Cinderella will get maybe 600m if it makes close to 200m this week. But right now thinking a 150~160m week for a sub 500m $80m total.

Kingsman (3.27) likely range 500~600m.

Qingming (4.4~4.6) releases Wolf Warriors (100m+), Let's Get Married (400m), Insanity (200m).

• Like 1

Hmm, HOME sets Apr 24th, great date. That means BH6 handily locks $100m, with five more weeks to go. It's currently at 415m .... it dropped just 23% last week .... with 30% weekly drop from now on (and an extended run of course), it can get 680m+. If it increases enough during Qingming, even 700m is possible, theoretically. At the least, 630m will happen.

• Like 3

Only 5 minutes were cut, the whole church scene and some bloody moments.

That church scene was one of the most interesting part of the movie. I see a lot of people watching the pirated version instead.

Edited by sfran43

Sunday  actuals were all on par with estimates.

Weekly Forecast (March 16-22)
1.Cinderella: 160M ~+3%~ 315M 
2.Taken 3: 115M ~ New ~115M
3.Lost and Love:88M~NEW~88M 
4.Big hero 6: 83M~-42%~498M
5.Jupiter Ascending: 36M ~-66%~286M   
6.Macau 2: 26M~-62%~ 972M 

Edited by Johnny Storm
  • Like 5

Monday(March 16th) estimates
#/Title: Daily(yuan)~Total(yuan)~Total($)
1.Cinderella: 23M ~179M~$28.6m  
2.Big hero 6: 8.8M~424M~$67.7m 
3.Jupiter Ascending: 6.6M ~256M~$40.9m  
4.Macau 2: 4.5M~950M~$151.7M
5.Wolf Totem: 3.2m~678m~$108.2m 
6.Paddington: 2.3M ~84M~$13.5m 

*USD total based on current exchange rate. 
  • Like 6

Seeing even C-listers-in-China like BH6 and Cinderella are doing $90m (an expert already thinks Ella can leg it to $100m), I dont believe Avengers 2 will miss 1.5B yuan, unless the movie were meh.

Thanks. I really need it to breakout in China for my club to have any chance to be successful. 

Hmm, HOME sets Apr 24th, great date. That means BH6 handily locks $100m, with five more weeks to go. It's currently at 415m .... it dropped just 23% last week .... with 30% weekly drop from now on (and an extended run of course), it can get 680m+. If it increases enough during Qingming, even 700m is possible, theoretically. At the least, 630m will happen.

That would be shocking to say the least. I remember Olive was thinking 35-40M and now it can potentially reach 100M which would be enough for it surpass Interstellar WW for top 10. 

Thanks. I really need it to breakout in China for my club to have any chance to be successful. 

That would be shocking to say the least. I remember Olive was thinking 35-40M and now it can potentially reach 100M which would be enough for it surpass Interstellar WW for top 10. 

BH6 is also doing it without any Summer or Winter holidays or any holiday weekends...just regular weekends.  In fact its first Saturday was one of those anomalous work days (Feb 28th).  Definitely leggy for sure!

How many weeks/days will it get?  Will it play through the late April/early May holidays?

Normally it will have 30 days,considering how big it will be, I doubt it will lose all screens during Mayday holiday, but it will be hit hard.

Meanwhile Marvel China officially announced May 12th will be AOU's opening day in China.

Furious 7 - 2D/3D/IMAX - April 12

Home - 3D - April 24

Avengers - 3D/IMAX 3D - May 12

• Like 1

Normally it will have 30 days,considering how big it will be, I doubt it will lose all screens during Mayday holiday, but it will be hit hard.

Meanwhile Marvel China officially announced May 12th will be AOU's opening day in China.

Furious 7 - 2D/3D/IMAX - April 12

Home - 3D - April 24

Avengers - 3D/IMAX 3D - May 12

Dreamworks wins this round in terms of favorable treatments...gets a Friday release AND the week before a holiday weekend.  Too bad FF7 is in 3D it will help it hold more screens.

Any word on Chappie and Run All Night?  Gotta think Sony and WB must have tried those films at least.

Bona will surely try to push Macao 2 over 1B so its run is getting extended. And CFGC probably will play Wolf Totem for months through the summer ... not sure about Blade though.

Chappie should be released days before HOME. No word on Run All Night yet but wont be surprised if it is bought.

Enlight's Hollywood Adventures kicks off on June 26th .... great date.

July will see Tiny Times the final chappter from Le Vision and Monster Hunt, EDKO's most expensive film to date. Each has $100m+ potential.