A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

That doesn't affect Chinese audiences. They don't care where it's set, just look at Looper. In fact, Chinese consumers like foreign product regardless of connections with their home country, and Bond is just another generic action movie, nothing special. The Expendables 2 made $54m, and Bond is not that much more special than TE.

That doesn't affect Chinese audiences. They don't care where it's set, just look at Looper. In fact, Chinese consumers like foreign product regardless of connections with their home country, and Bond is just another generic action movie, nothing special. The Expendables 2 made $54m, and Bond is not that much more special than TE.

It does make Skyfall a bit more appealing though as it is partly set in China.

It does make Skyfall a bit more appealing though as it is partly set in China.

I accept your opinion, but I disagree. There's no proof to suggest that films set in China are more appealing than those that are not. For Christ's sake, even Chinese made films made and set in China are not very popular! It makes no difference, and is not a factor in whether a movie does well.

I believe it. Audiences when I've seen the trailer have always seemed interested in it, and China is a sucker for 3D releases, regardless of the quality of them. I think we'll be seeing more of these in China in the next few years. I just hope that the performance of this film worldwide will force the producers not to make more.

I was thrilled when China acounted 50% of Titanic 3D release's worldwide gross.

Guess what, Bait 3D (6.6M WW excluding China) already beat the T3D ratio after OW. It can do 15M in total in China, more than double :o its worldwide gross w/o China.

Bait 3D in China = 1800% its domestic take

Edited by firedeep