A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

A teen love story stars very famous Chinese actors.

Thanks Olive! Wow, I just quickly googled it, the movie stars Han Geng (former Super Junior member who has quite a big fanbase in China) and Mark Chao too. Not to mention it's Zhao Wei's directorial debut  :o That's a serious threat to IM3 for sure  :(

Thanks Olive! Wow, I just quickly googled it, the movie stars Han Geng (former Super Junior member who has quite a big fanbase in China) and Mark Chao too. Not to mention it's Zhao Wei's directorial debut  :o That's a serious threat to IM3 for sure  :(

It is also a popular young novel adapation. already has super crazy buzz and reviews. More, it targets directly at the 80s/70s, who are right now the main cinema audience force here.

I'll so pissed, if IM3 flops in China. Marvel has put too much effort for it to flop but if it does then, I doubt they'll continue to co-produce. 

If IM3 turns into a great success in China. It will be a very good thing. Since it will encourage more Hollywood studios to produce big movies with China's various entertainment companies, which will only be helpful to build a better and stronger film market for China. On the other  hand, if ... ...

If IM3 turns into a great success in China. It will be a very good thing. Since it will encourage more Hollywood studios to produce big movies with China's various entertainment companies, which will only be helpful to build a better and stronger film market for China. On the other  hand, if ... ...

IM3 is the litmus test. What would you consider success? 70, 80 or more?

Bad news for IM3.

At this point, it is almost a certainty that So Young will explode out of big, maybe $100M, maybe $120M, maybe more. Pre-release screenings are extremely positive with some claiming it is one of the best Chinese language films.

Still, IM3 has'not got a date. Though rumors poping out indicates a post-Labor Day Holiday release (May 4). If that is any close to be true, IM3 is doomed.

That really sucks! If that's the case, then the co-production is as useless as it can be :angry:

Yep, the goal of the co-prod was to help the growth in China. I hope China won't disappoint us about IM3.

Thankfully the growth will be substantive in Russia, but the potential there is not that big.