A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

IM3 $100m in China? I'd say $150m+ is looking good. The promotion is gonna be on TF3 and even Titanic level. Sci-fi, big effects, action, the goodwill frm TA (which did $91m here this year, biggest SH movie in CHina). With massive marketing, a great release date and support of local production company, boy this is gonna be huge.

Make sure you are not being carried away... :ph34r:

Sorry to trouble you, firedeep, but do you happen to have (or know where to find) and daily grosses for TE2? Yuan, dollars, estimates, all fine. :)I have the first day, $3.8m (25m yuan), and that's it.

Daily gross for a single movie when the track time was long gone ... dont think so. Not to mention, non OD daily gross in China never get reported.What makes this harder is that actual daily gross is much more accurate than weekly report because all the so called weekly reports arr just speculations based on the Special Fund numbers.For example, last week, Total Recall's actual 2 days opening week numbers was 29,689,036 yuan but somehow 32M yuan was reported as its weekly gross. Last week for Bait 3D was 62,741,467 yuan but was reported as 65.6M yuan. Weekly numbers always get over-reported like this. They do this probably because some theaters dont report weekly box office to Special Funds. So they have to do speculations to make the reported numbers more close to movies' actual numbers (Special Fund numbers + gross from non reported to Special Funds gross). In the end, the reported total numbers (week 1 + week 2 + week 3 + ...+ week final) always turn out to be higher than Special Funds final total numbers. In TE2's case, as we know the reported final number is 339.6M yuan, but according to SF, it is just 329,655,125 yuan (Oct 15 data). About 10M gap there. Big, but not the bigger gap. For Titanic 3D, SF number is only 936,330,072 while its publiced final gross 975.9M yuan.It is a mess .... -_-I will try to look into TE2 daily SF gross but no guarantee here.

Ok here it is the OW rough daily gross for TE2Tue 25M (9.04)Wed 19MThu 17MFri 23MSat 40MSun 28MAll yuanThere is no daily gross table in SF, so one has to check the daily number by doing cumulative minus previous day's cume. Too much trouble checking day be day. So only rough daily for OW.

I see what you mean about having disparities. TE2's opening 6 days was 159.2m yuan, and those figures you posted for dailies do not add up to that. They add up to 152m yuan. Also, from the time it was released, I have that Sunday as 43.2m yuan, and I believe the Saturday is 40m, so perhaps the dailies before are not quite right.

Edited by Barney Ross

Ok here it is the OW rough daily gross for TE2

Tue 25M (9.04)

Wed 19M

Thu 17M

Fri 23M

Sat 40M

Sun 28M

All yuan

There is no daily gross table in SF, so one has to check the daily number by doing cumulative minus previous day's cume. Too much trouble checking day be day. So only rough daily for OW.

Can you link it? I'll do it. I have lots of time to kill.

Milla Jovovich‘s RE5 looks not getting a 2012 release but her DTV movie Faces in the Crowd will be released on Nov. 13.Partical schedule:TBL (today) (US)Derrière les murs 10.30 (FR)Wreck-It Ralph 11.06 (US)Natural Lovers 11.09 (HK)Los ojos de Julia 11.09 (SP)Faces in the Crowd 11.13 (CA)A Separation 11.13 (IR)Rise of the Guardians 11.16 (US)2012 3D 11.21 (US)life of Pi 11.22 (US)Upside Down 11.30 (CA)

Edited by firedeep