Jack Nevada

Bad movies with great beginnings/ Good movies with bad endings

Bad endings to good movies:Since I'm in a Bond mood:Every Brosnan film other than Goldeneye starts out great but gets gradually worse(TWINE and DAD have absolutely the worst final lines in Bond history).I also find the ending to Batman Returns to be so absurd it nearly ruins the film.As far as good endings to bad movies:Even though the movie was damn boring, I was one who actually liked the ending to The Village..I think TPM qualifies in this category. The Darth Maul lightsaber battle saves the movie for me.

To switch it around a little, I honestly thought the opening of The Avengers with Loki escaping with the Tesseract was very poorly done. Loved the rest of the movie though

While I found the car chase bit a bit absurd, I thought it was a good representation of how Loki couldn't get anything done without help.

I just watched End of Watch today, and while I LOVED most of the movie I didn't like the last scene, it's actually an alright scene, and I'm sure I would've really liked it if it had been put earlier in the movie, but from where it was, itkinda distracted from the impact of what would've been a great ending for the film.

Source Code was an amazing flick until it decided to have a bullshit happy ending. I hope/think there was some studio interference going on.

SC had a pretty good endingwhen you care about one character, is normal to expect a happy ending... Edited by Goffe Bond

Also, For You Eyes Only has a fucking amazing first hour and then it gets really boring

Most Bond films suffer from multiple personality syndrome. That's why they can be watched over and over. But, yeah, I love FYEO, yet it does get a tad boring after the ski chase.

Oh, and to stick with Gyllenhaal movies, Source Code was an amazing flick until it decided to have a bullshit happy ending. I hope/think there was some studio interference going on.

That's a good one. I despise that ending.