CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

Yeah, respond negatively

And according to Thompson, Cotillard is the foreign actress in a foreign film and industry responds positively to both her perf and the movie itself. Which isn`t the case with Riva movie.When movies are small, actors need love for the movie to get in. Just love for perforemnce isn`t enough.

I'd like to know what makes Riva a lock other then fanboyism?

Now, that's putting words in my mouth. I've never said she's a lock. I'm predicting her because:

[*]She's in a Critically Acclaimed film that's on almost all top 10 lists, and is in arguably the most critically acclaimed performance of the year. For a film like Amour critics matter because it'll raise its profile high enough that voters see the film

[*]The category including her has perhaps 9 contenders, and 8 really legitimate ones. It's a weak category

[*]Even people who haven't connected with the film aren't denying Riva's greatness in performance

Now, that's putting words in my mouth. I've never said she's a lock. I'm predicting her because:

[*]She's in a Critically Acclaimed film that's on almost all top 10 lists, and is in arguably the most critically acclaimed performance of the year. For a film like Amour critics matter because it'll raise its profile high enough that voters see the film

[*]The category including her has perhaps 9 contenders, and 8 really legitimate ones. It's a weak category

[*]Even people who haven't connected with the film aren't denying Riva's greatness in performance

Is that why she has won a total of one critic award?

Is that why she has won a total of one critic award?

She's gonna go 3 for 3 today, which is more than anyone else can say about themselves. Evidently you can't count and should go back to school to take a lesson in basic mathematics. Just because you don't think one group doesn't count doesn't mean that she didn't win. Edited by riczhang

And it's Lavant vs DDL vs. Pheonix for Actor. If LA goes for DDL I'll loose all respect I have for them. You have 2 paramountly more interesting performances and you go for boring old caricatures, however brilliantly done it may be.