• Community Manager

Only difference is that Community actually has fans

Rules of Engagement had a dedicated viewership that would show up no matter where it aired. I'm pretty sure that's a loyal fanbase if there ever was one. Now maybe the fans aren't vocal...but they there were enough that the show lasted seven seasons without any problems so they didn't need to be.

Every show, no matter how stupid, that lasts at least a few episodes will have fans.

So Dan Harmon was definitely asked to return for Season 5- 

http://www.geekbinge.com/2013/05/27/dan-harmon-will-probably-return-for-community-season-five/

-and the chances of him coming back are actually pretty good!

Someone retweeted this info earlier while I was at work and I have been dying to find out what is going on.  Nobody will be happier about this than I am, I can guarantee that.

Nobody will be happier about this than I am, I can guarantee that.

I DISAGREE WITH THAT ONE. besides Season 4 still had some really good moments but I would still love to see him back in the Community camp 

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum

I DISAGREE WITH THAT ONE. besides Season 4 still had some really good moments but I would still love to see him back in the Community camp 

Trust me, I'm the biggest Community fan you'll ever know!

First three seasons I should say...

• Like 1

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/dan-harmon-chris-mckenna-eye-return-to-community-for-final-installment/

As we reported at the time of NBC’s eleventh-hour renewal ofCommunity, there had been interest in bringing back series creator Dan Harmon for what I hear is expected to be the final 13-episode season of the cult comedy. (It is not on NBC‘s fall schedule). I have learned that both Harmon and key formerCommunity writer-producer Chris McKenna have been approached about rejoining the show for its final chapter. Harmon is currently unattached, while McKenna is under an overall deal at NBC sibling Universal TV. McKenna, who served as co-executive producer on the Sony TV-produced Community for its first three seasons, left last May to move to Uni TV. Creator/executive producer Harmon was replaced as showrunner by David Guarascio and Moses Port a couple of weeks later. I hear Guarascio and Port had a one-year deal and were approached about coming back but opted to move on.

Nothing against Guarascio and Port they seem like good guys, they didn't totally screw up Community but there were a few missteps. 

• Community Manager

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/dan-harmon-chris-mckenna-eye-return-to-community-for-final-installment/

Nothing against Guarascio and Port they seem like good guys, they didn't totally screw up Community but there were a few missteps. 

Guarascio and Port handled it like pros.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/can-dan-harmons-return-save-community

Harmon's tweeting that he's returning. The deal isn't officially closed yet, but according to Sepinwall the signature seems like a formality at this point.  

So why was Harmon asked back? Harmon mentioned in that tweet that we can thank Joel McHale for his return, which squares with what I've heard from people close to the show:  several of the castmembers weren't happy with the season 4 scripts and pushed Sony for Harmon's return. Given that — and given that the ratings actually decreased without Harmon, suggesting that "Community" was never going to resemble a broad-based hit no matter who was in charge — I can see Sony deciding to appease both their stars and the fans, and perhaps enhance the show's afterlife on DVD, streaming, etc.

I'm officially invested in the show again and insanely curious about how he'll write off the entire fourth season. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 3