iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

I`m sorry but who are you? I don`t recall ever seeing you on BOF before. I see that you made about 1000 messages none of them that I remember and I bet they are all recent TH-related.

LOL, I'm actually etr906, the host of the election coverage. Changed my name to Alpha, then Alpha the Foxbot.And no, I'm not a LOTR fanboy. I'm an accurate box office analyst :D

If TH follows the pace of Avatar (which seems like a possibility considering many people waiting until Saturday or Sunday), then TH would earn $106.5 million in it's opening weekend. Add all the multipliers in store for it, and $400 million does not seem impossible.

If TH follows the pace of Avatar (which seems like a possibility considering many people waiting until Saturday or Sunday), then TH would earn $106.5 million in it's opening weekend. Add all the multipliers in store for it, and $400 million does not seem impossible.

Sorry. No.

It can miss 300m with average legs.

Whilst there's a chance, I really don't think it's possible. It's certainly a lot more family friendly than IAL and even Tron Legacy. I keep brining them up but they are relevant comparisons. Even with Sherlock 2s multi, it would reach near $400m and that film was hardly exceptional in any way and it had to compete with MI4.Though I expect it to land around $320m (with an $80-85m OW).
  • Like 1

Avatar didnt do 13 mill at midnight.

All the movies you could compare it with and you choose Avatar?And no, it won't yield 106.5m. Avatar jumped 10% on Saturday from Friday excluding midnights. If TH1 does the same it will do around 26.5m on Saturday.And Avatar stayed flat on Sunday because holidays had started. TH1 will drop around 35%, as is normal for this week. So 17m Sunday.Overall 80m weekend.

All the movies you could compare it with and you choose Avatar?And no, it won't yield 106.5m. Avatar jumped 10% on Saturday from Friday excluding midnights. If TH1 does the same it will do around 26.5m on Saturday.And Avatar stayed flat on Sunday because holidays had started. TH1 will drop around 35%, as is normal for this week. So 17m Sunday.Overall 80m weekend.

LOL, that was Christmas weekend. I based my expectations on opening weekend.Also, Avatar fell 3-4 percent on opening. TH could drop that much. So $106.5 million is the ceiling. Edited by Alpha The Foxbot

Fake explained it. My point is you have to take the 13 away from the 37m. That is the real Friday number so if you increase by 20 percent today at the most you're only getting 2 about 29 mill. Even giving it a small 22 percent drop on Sunday you still have only about 85 now

LOL, that was Christmas weekend. I based my expectations on opening weekend.Also, Avatar fell 3-4 percent on opening. TH could drop that much. So $106.5 million is the ceiling.

As I told you before, Avatar's opening Sunday fell on 20th.... TH1 will fall on 16th.... big difference.