Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

So far, Argo's won Critics' Choice, Golden Globes, Producer's Guild, and Screen Actors Guild awards.

The only other films to do that this millennium were Slumdog Millionaire and Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King, and both went on to win Best Picture. It's probably obvious that Argo's the frontrunner now, but I just thought that was interesting.

• Like 1

So far, Argo's won Critics' Choice, Golden Globes, Producer's Guild, and Screen Actors Guild awards.

The only other films to do that this millennium were Slumdog Millionaire and Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King, and both went on to win Best Picture. It's probably obvious that Argo's the frontrunner now, but I just thought that was interesting.

But Argo doesn't have BD. Little Miss Sunshine missed director and won both PGA and SAG. That did not go on to win BP. 

So if Lincoln doesn't get SAG, DGA or PGA how the heck will it win Picture? 

I'm beginning to favour Lee for DGA, but until Lincoln fails to win a single major guild's top prize it's in the driver's seat. I think DGA will either go Lee or Spielberg. 

OH FFS! I'm sick and tired of all the hate surrounding Chastain. She's like a .00001% as desperate as most people this and past years. Davis, Leogend, HATHAWAY, Spencer, et al. Chastain is a very humble woman if you'd actually watch any real interviews that go into her personal life and career. Get a life, people.

• Like 1

OH FFS! I'm sick and tired of all the hate surrounding Chastain. She's like a .00001% as desperate as most people this and past years. Davis, Leogend, HATHAWAY, Spencer, et al. Chastain is a very humble woman if you'd actually watch any real interviews that go into her personal life and career. Get a life, people.

I dont get the hate either.

All she's done recently is make veiled snipes at her competition, and bemoan herself for not getting better projects and for losing to someone that has "no life accomplishments." It's all incredibly absurd, and sad to watch. Only Davis and Leogend's campaigns were worse. Leogend took things into her own hand, and Davis harped up race-relations the entire goddamn season. This is most certainly up there with the both of them.

And how was Octavia Spencer desperate? And Hathaway's entire campaign is fine. Most people only hate on her because of the film. (Which is still absurd) There's nothing remotely as mean-spirited and desperate as we've seen in Chast-ain't getting an Oscar. 

Edited by riczhang

What do you want her to say? "Oh, I hope Lawrence wins!" Come on, at least she's real and says she's worked hard. I've not seen her say one bad thing about Lawrence.

She's been slagging on her competition, not outright but those implied messages in her answers are clear as crystal. At least be gracious. Smile when others win, and don't look like you're about to cry when your competitor wins an Award. it's a stupid fucking award, get over it. I honestly can't believe I talk about this shit all day sometimes. 

I've kind of stayed away from this subforum because of the ridiculous stuff that goes on after oscar noms. I love you guys, but it's too much sometimes.

Word of advice, stay clear of ADF. They're crazier than this even when it's non-oscar season. :P They've already started bitching about next year's Oscars. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

All she's done recently is make veiled snipes at her competition, and bemoan herself for not getting better projects and for losing to someone that has "no life accomplishments." It's all incredibly absurd, and sad to watch. Only Davis and Leogend's campaigns were worse. Leogend took things into her own hand, and Davis harped up race-relations the entire goddamn season. This is most certainly up there with the both of them.

And how was Octavia Spencer desperate? And Hathaway's entire campaign is fine. Most people only hate on her because of the film. (Which is still absurd) There's nothing remotely as mean-spirited and desperate as we've seen in Chast-ain't getting an Oscar. 

Are you fucking kidding me? Of course she deserves the win, but she's rivaling Leogend in the amount of desperation showed for a damn award. Her stupid one liners and sense of entitlement during her acceptance speeches is disgusting. If he had just been the pre-Les Miz Hathaway I loved I'd be rooting for her all the way (I still am). But I'm just really put off be her whole performance this oscar season. 

Are you fucking kidding me? Of course she deserves the win, but she's rivaling Leogend in the amount of desperation showed for a damn award. Her stupid one liners and sense of entitlement during her acceptance speeches is disgusting. If he had just been the pre-Les Miz Hathaway I loved I'd be rooting for her all the way (I still am). But I'm just really put off be her whole performance this oscar season. 

There's a few things wrong with that:

[*]Leogend's Oscar campaign is all-time desperate. There's nothing that could top it (not even Winslet and Davis). 

[*]Sure Anne's turned up the endearing aspect up a few notches but that's nothing that no-one else isn't doing. Everyone does it, see Streep, Lawrence, etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on for miles

[*]There's a sense of entitlement? There's nothing entitled about her. 

There's a few things wrong with that:

[*]Leogend's Oscar campaign is all-time desperate. There's nothing that could top it (not even Winslet and Davis). 

[*]Sure Anne's turned up the endearing aspect up a few notches but that's nothing that no-one else isn't doing. Everyone does it, see Streep, Lawrence, etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on for miles

[*]There's a sense of entitlement? There's nothing entitled about her. 

There most definitely is a sense of entitlement. "From Princess Diaries to THIS!! OMG!!" "My mother played this role. It was destiny" yada yada yada. There's the  fake sense of shock that we saw from Davis and Spencer, too. Just act like a normal person and accept the damn award with some dignity. 

• Like 2

I love hathaway and have defended her buteven she annoyed me at the SAG. Stop being so suprised you won. You have won everything practically so you know your going to win. Fire your speech writer and give a real speech.

This is what I don't get. I have no idea why people slag on her for this. So many others who knew that they'd win act surprised. 

This is what I don't get. I have no idea why people slag on her for this. So many others who knew that they'd win act surprised.

She just is way too dramatic. I know shes trying to act humble and stuff but at least she is referencing princess diaries and tdkr. Plus ill take her speeches over DDL. He is a great actor but his speeches are so boring.