Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

You think it's funny?  :blink:  :blink:  Maybe JLaw's new brand of humour completely flies over my head. I really don't see what funny about it at all. 

Buy yourself a sense of humor. That's goofily funny. I'd have liked to see her doing a finger walk or a giant spider monster impression with her hand. That would have been really fun.

Considering you were up in arms because you didn't understand at all her Bette Midler's "I beat Meryl" reference, I think that her humor flies way above you in being too subtle for your senses.

Edited by dashrendar44

I just don't understand why the fuck you people are letting all of this stuff from Lawrence or Hathaway or Chastain and so on to get under your skin. Taking this shit far too seriously and personally.

ADF's bitching is contagious. :lol:

Buy yourself a sense of humor. that's goofily funny. I'd have liked to see doing a finger walk or a giant spider monster impression with her hand. That would have been really fun.

I have a sense of humour, but evidently not in that area. I like my humour really really dry. I find DDL to be on occasions very hilarious for example. 

If J Law beats Riva how mad will you be?

I'll be upset, but I won't be horribly mad. I said a while ago that if Amour makes it big on the nominations stage I'll be satisfied for the season. I'll be more pissed if Haneke lost O.Screenplay to Tarantino, because I at least liked SLP and JLaw, I didn't really like Django at all. 

I'll be upset, but I won't be horribly mad. I said a while ago that if Amour makes it big on the nominations stage I'll be satisfied for the season. I'll be more pissed if Haneke lost O.Screenplay to Tarantino, because I at least liked SLP and JLaw, I didn't really like Django at all

Ok, that would explain why we're so antithetic since I'd like Waltz to win Best male supporting role and Django to win best (not really) original screenplay. :lol:

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Ok, that would be explain why we're so antithetic since I'd like Waltz to win Best male supporting role and Django to win best (not really) original screenplay. :lol:

:rofl: Have we agreed on anything? With Django Leo was snubbed and the Songs were snubbed which were the only two nom worthy things I thought the movie had. 

• Like 1

Why don't you presume there isn't any Annie haters among Academy voters?

Do you got evidence or insight to share about this that make you so affirmative?

Average Academy Member is a 60 year old white male. They're suckers for this type of "feel-good", "underdog", "transformation" story. I've said this before, Academy really dislikes two things Critics and Armchair Critics because they shit on all their movies, act like their word is law and they know better than actual film-makers  and they think they can do better (but they really can't cus they don't have any experience). This drives Hollywood nuts. This is especially true amongst the critics, if they push one way the Academy will likely push in the other. 

And yes. I do. My Godfather votes. 

But Hathaway is not an underdog, she's the favorite. As the transformation thing...Well she cut her hair and starved herself. Bale also did it for The Machinist, he didn't win any Oscar for it nor bragging about it in interviews non stop like she does. Since Theron, it became a cliche. Cutesy actress messes her body and good looks to win awards. I'd thought those old voters would stop pandering to those obvious Oscar-bait.

Edited by dashrendar44

But Hathaway is not an underdog, she's the favorite. As the transformation thing...Well she cut her hair and starved herself. Bale also did it for The Machinist, he didn't win any Oscar for it nor bragging about it in interviews non stop like she does. Since Theron, it became a cliche. Cutesy actress messes her body and good looks to win awards. I'd thought those old voters would stop pandering to those obvious Oscar-bait.

She's sold herself to be the underdog and it's working. And Transformation I meant in 2 ways. One is that she's transformed herself from a Princess Diaries actress to a serious actress. (It's in the same vein as Bullock who went from Congeniality to Blind Side (And Now Gravity)) And the second is the physical transformation including aging, deglam, starving, and etc. It's primarily a woman thing. It doesn't work as well with men because as a whole Hollywood is still a little bit sexist and the perception can be construed in a dynamic kinda like this. Men are tough and they're expected almost to do a tough regime to get into shape (though Bale's was ridiculously extreme) and women are delicate so when they do it, it becomes, "OMG, I can't believe she went through all that pain! Let's give her an Oscar." 

I shall just like to share a few words from ADF's personal Leogend impersonator (LOL):

Dame Leo is sad,

Does anyone else feel REALLY bad for Sasha Stone? Can this poor thing catch a break during an Oscar season? First The Social Network and David Fincher suffered a come from behind defeat in 2011. The next season her favorite Hugo was the bridesmaid to The Artist. To add insult to injury Sasha's fav that year Viola Davis with her afro suffered a heartbreaking loss to the Streep. Oh yeah The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo also kinda crashed and burned. Now this year what seemed like the prime Oscar candidate and Stone favorite Lincoln is being assassinated all over again right before our eyes! Add that with Lawrence winning actress and you have to wonder if voters are coming to Awards Daily, seeing who Sasha supports, and than picking the opposite!

I am calling BS! Sasha stand strong and tall my sister. The Academy is messing with you right now. They are messing with all of us!

I'll be upset, but I won't be horribly mad. I said a while ago that if Amour makes it big on the nominations stage I'll be satisfied for the season. I'll be more pissed if Haneke lost O.Screenplay to Tarantino, because I at least liked SLP and JLaw, I didn't really like Django at all.

Well im rooting for J Law in case you didnt know :)

LOL yeah it is. You don't know her, she hasn't done anything to you. You're all crazy! 

So you must love Kristen Stewart or Katherine Heigl, do you?

Because if you don't, you're a baseless and jealous hater since you don't know them at all too.

Edited by dashrendar44