Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

And I really loved the used of the outside street traffic noise, and that one shot where Eva moves the curtain so we see outside. That was just a magnificent use of symbolism. In many movies about death it seems like that either the only people in the world are those directly involved in this or the entire world stops to watch this death occur. But, the truth is that the world keeps on going when your family goes through a tough time. It's a tough thing to accept and it sounds bitchy but it is the truth. The traffic noise slow and steady as ever, especially in that last scene just beautifully illustrates that in a heartbreaking sort of way.

• Like 1

So, in a move that's truly idiotic (not to mention one that should get him slapped around by AMPAS), Academy member David Clennon has announced he will not vote for ZDT in any category because it's pro-torture.

Is he like super-liberal or something?

That's just stupid, and I'm not saying that because I thought the beginning part with the torture was the best part of the movie. If it's a good fucking movie vote for it. Don't vote for it because it's pro-torture or whatever. And I just realised that with PTA out of director the LAFCA streak of predicting BD nominees has ended, through their BP nominee streak is still going.

• Like 1

That's just stupid, and I'm not saying that because I thought the beginning part with the torture was the best part of the movie. If it's a good fucking movie vote for it. Don't vote for it because it's pro-torture or whatever.

Not to mention, as an Academy member you're not allowed to state your vote or publicly campaign (for or against) any nominated film.

I've never done it before, and don't wanna start. Stop peer pressuring me!! ;)

It's honestly like the floodgates have opened. I pirated ZDT last week because I wanted to see all the BP nominees before nominations were announced and I get this itch to pirate every goddamn movie on there. :lol: That Les Miserables screener is pretty goddamn tempting.

So, in a move that's truly idiotic (not to mention one that should get him slapped around by AMPAS), Academy member David Clennon has announced he will not vote for ZDT in any category because it's pro-torture.

What an idiot. I guess Django is pro slavery and The Dark Knight Rises is pro steroid-induced-gigantic-mask-wearing-speech-problem-bad guys.
  • Like 3