BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

Heat, no new interesting releases and the world cup final do that. it was also a ultra shitty weekend here. Hopefully Planes 2 and Apes 2 will put things back on track. 

Apes opened to 5 million in 2011. What kind of number can we expect this year, 3 million? 3.5? I would be fine with those numbers considering the shameful box office conditions...

I'm expecting 2.5-3m...woud love to see something higher. Rise proved that the Apes brand is still hot here, but we all know that going to the movies is not what it used to be...Anything over 3m OW would be good. If WOM is great, 10m could happen in the end...and not many movies can pass that mark nowadays.

• Like 2

Friday Top 5:1- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes2- Sex Tape3- The Purge: Anarchy4- Planes: Fire & Rescue5- Maleficent

wkend look like in LC

1-apes just over 1.6 off about 53% over 7.1m cume

2-ST  close to 700k

3-PA close 500k

4-PLa2 370k

5-Malef close 200k

• Like 4

Hope Apes develope some late legs and can pass $15m. To match Rise is impossibe, but that was a given. It could pass Maleficent to top the chart of 2014 as today. I only see Mockingjay and The Hobbit 3 as locks to pull $15m. Sad year in term of grosses-admissisions. Nothing really big outside local comedy (8AV ) and Maleficent on a much lower level

• Like 1

Hope Apes develope some late legs and can pass $15m. To match Rise is impossibe, but that was a given. It could pass Maleficent to top the chart of 2014 as today. I only see Mockingjay and The Hobbit 3 as locks to pull $15m. Sad year in term of grosses-admissisions. Nothing really big outside local comedy (8AV ) and Maleficent on a much lower level

WoWS did pretty good in January ($16.5m)  ;)