BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

El Niño seems a bit lower than we had expected seeing the Friday number. Anyway, good start. And good drop for GotG. Just a 30%. I hope it can make finally a good number. I have liked it a lot.

Yes but this weekend was "La Operación Retorno".Top5:1.El Niño:€2.85m2.Lucy:€1.2m3.GOTG:€0.5m4.Into the Storm:€0.4m5.22JS:€0.3m
  • Like 2

We could have 3 Spanish movies in the top 5 of the year. 8AV is obviously locked to be the first. But beyond this first spot, El Niño and Torrente 5 can only be beaten by Hobbit 3 and maybe Interstellar or some other surprise like Big Hero 6. Spanish industry is shit, but sometimes it has some big titles.

• Like 1

We could have 3 Spanish movies in the top 5 of the year. 8AV is obviously locked to be the first. But beyond this first spot, El Niño and Torrente 5 can only be beaten by Hobbit 3 and maybe Interstellar or some other surprise like Big Hero 6. Spanish industry is shit, but sometimes it has some big titles.

I was thinking the same thing. El Niño could definitely pass Maleficent and Apes, even though its WOM is not as good as 8AV'
  • Like 1

Weekend:1.El Niño-€2.1m2.Hercules-€1.1m3.Deliver Us from Evil-€0.8m4.Lucy-€0.7m5.GOTG-€0.3m

Definitely GotG should be over $8.5m now. It is on track to beat DoFP, TASM2 and TWS in the spanish market too!!! 

And Lucy should pass $10m before next weekend!!!! 

People laughing during a horror film means that the movie is not good at all... I experienced that yesterday while I was watching Deliver us from Evil at a kind of busy theatre (around 60%). It's such a bad movie!!! I will see Hercules this Wednesday (Thursday is a holiday here in Barcelona)

• Like 1

Weekend:1.El Niño-€2.1m2.Hercules-€1.1m3.Deliver Us from Evil-€0.8m4.Lucy-€0.7m5.GOTG-€0.3m

I saw Herc today and I completed the Top 5  ;)

My Top 5: GotG - Lucy - Hercules - El Niño - DUFE  :D

El Niño should win again next weekend because there is no interesting openings... 

• Like 1

So all new releases bombed this weekend? A Most Wanted Man did less than Boyhood? I Give It A Year was released here on April of 2013, so I am not surprised that one tanked. 

Maze Runner, If I Stay and As Above So Below should be able to give a bump to the overall box office next weekend. 

So all new releases bombed this weekend? A Most Wanted Man did less than Boyhood? I Give It A Year was released here on April of 2013, so I am not surprised that one tanked. 

Maze Runner, If I Stay and As Above So Below should be able to give a bump to the overall box office next weekend. 

A Most Wanted Man did more than Boyhood.

El Nino has now held the No. 1 spot for three consecutive weekends inSpain, adding $2M this frame from 441 screens. Boyhood $351kSource: deadline

Another good drop for El Niño. More or less 29-30%. The total should already be about 12 million $, and it should reach 17-18 million (14 million €) and rank second of the year until Hobbit 3 and maybe Interstellar beat it. Good numbers.

• Like 1