BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

That's pretty good for Guardians ($3.2m in 4 days), especially taking in account that all the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona are empty in August.I saw it in the Golden Coast (45 minutes by car from Barcelona)

Region Mkt share Yr/aug

Madrid 22%, 17%

Barc 17%, 16%

Val 6%, 6%

Aug increases in areas like Alicante, Malaga, Islas Baleares(has #2 thr playing GOTG)

• Like 4

I came back to Barcelona for the weekend and the city is nearly empty. I just saw Expendables 3 and we were only 4 people at the theatre...

Top 3 with EX3 Cinemes Full HD 28(Barc,Cornella), Kinepolis 24(Vale,Paterna),Cinesa La Maquinista(Barc,Barc)

Barcelona area had biggest Mkt share 18%

• Like 1

Top 3 with EX3 Cinemes Full HD 28(Barc,Cornella), Kinepolis 24(Vale,Paterna),Cinesa La Maquinista(Barc,Barc)Barcelona area had biggest Mkt share 18%

I live uptown. I use to go to a theatre called Balmes 12 where the movies are in English. The one you named in Cornella is the one with more screens of Barcelona province (28) and La Maquinista is the biggest mall in Barcelona around 40 minutes by metro from the city center.

Top 3 with EX3 Cinemes Full HD 28(Barc,Cornella), Kinepolis 24(Vale,Paterna),Cinesa La Maquinista(Barc,Barc)Barcelona area had biggest Mkt share 18%

It's amazing all the info you have Rth!!! :) just out of curiosity would you tell me about Les Gavarres16, it's in Tarragona and it's always pretty busy. It's my favorite movie theater

It's amazing all the info you have Rth!!! :) just out of curiosity would you tell me about Les Gavarres16, it's in Tarragona and it's always pretty busy. It's my favorite movie theater

More data know what to do with lol

Les Gavarress overall year ranks #28(in month Aug #11), in the Region of Tarragona its easily #1 by country mile (#2 Yelmo cines takes less than 1/2)

• Like 1

I live uptown. I use to go to a theatre called Balmes 12 where the movies are in English. The one you named in Cornella is the one with more screens of Barcelona province (28) and La Maquinista is the biggest mall in Barcelona around 40 minutes by metro from the city center.

Balmes sits just outside top 100 thrs, within Barcelona city its about #8(#1 Cinesa Diagonal) in region #12

Top Thrs in SPN Kinepolis 25(Mad,Pozuelo),Cinemes Full HD 28(Barc,Cornella),Kinepolis 24(Vale,Paterna),Nervion 20 (Sev,Sev), Dreams Pacio(Mad,Mad)

by Admits Nervion & Kinepolis 24 flip

Edited by Rth
  • Like 1

comes in about #10 it #2 in its region

biggest NOS Colombo, Lis ; then Gaia Arrabida,NOS Almada forum

Slightly surprised to see UCI Lisbon El Corte Ingles and NOS CascaisShopping both beaten by NOS Almada Forum, but it is also fantastic to see a theater of my region in the top 3. Great to see NOS Forum Montijo inside the top 10.

What is not surprising is NOS Colombo in first place. Our only IMAX screen is there. The theater is fantastic. 

Thank you so much Rth :)

Edited by CJohn

Balmes sits just outside top 100 thrs, within Barcelona city its about #8(#1 Cinesa Diagonal) in region #12 Top Thrs in SPN Kinepolis 25(Mad,Pozuelo),Cinemes Full HD 28(Barc,Cornella),Kinepolis 24(Vale,Paterna),Nervion 20 (Sev,Sev), Dreams Pacio(Mad,Mad) by Admits Nervion & Kinepolis 24 flip

Thank a lot Rth!!! :)Cinesa Diagonal is just around the corner from where I work. I am sure they are not doing pretty well in August

Thank a lot Rth!!! :)Cinesa Diagonal is just around the corner from where I work. I am sure they are not doing pretty well in August

Yeah its a #10 location national, in Aug its  drops a bit and also in aug not much between it and Balmes(higher in admits)

• Like 1

Barcelona,empty in August? Spain is third in terms of tourism,behind France and USA..how could one of its big cities be empty??

I gather the locals as in Italy leave and go on vacation in August.  That's why GOTG doesn't open in Italy this month - movies in Aug there are a dead zone . Most tourists aren't going to the movies when on vacation - certainly not enough to make up for the local pop's big dip.

• Like 3

Weekend(actuals):

01 Guardians of The Galaxy

1.685.976€

02 The Expendables 3

958.500€

03 How to train Your Dragon 2

567.133€

04 Trasnsformers 4 4

538.397€

05 APES 2

380.740€