The Creator

3.14 "A War of Gods"

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which player's elimination has been the most surprising this season?

• Totem
    • CEDAR
    • Acsc1312
    • Alfred
    • Goffe
    • Other? (please specify)
  2. 2. Who was/is the strongest player of the season?

• Alfred
    • Acsc1312
    • CEDAR
    • Goffe
    • Totem
    • Riczhang
    • Baumer
    • JackO
    • Other?
  3. 3. Who is the Lone Legend?

• Baumer
    • JackO
    • Riczhang

Riczhang is the only confirmed player to make it to this round so far, but he will be joined by a couple more of you, so these questions may affect you all.

3.14 (haha, pi)

DEADLINE: Friday, January 25 at 5:00 P.M. Eastern (4:00 P.M. Central)

Predict the following:

1. Hansel and Gretel's Friday share of its opening weekend gross (e.g. if it makes 5 million Friday and 20 million for the weekend, your answer would be 25%)

2. Mama's budget is 15 million, reportedly. Find the difference as a percent between its total gross as a percentage of its budget (e.g. 30 million would be 200%, 45 million 300%, etc.) and its gross this weekend as a percentage of its budget (e.g. 10 million would be 67%). (e.g. if it makes 10 million this weekend and is at 45 million total, you would do 300%-67% = 233%, and that would be your answer). Any questions?

3. Predict the difference in Saturday grosses for Zero Dark Thirty and Silver Lining's Playbook

4. Predict the difference between Django Unchained and Les Miserable's domestic totals through the end of the weekends and the difference between their budgets (the difference between their budgets is 39 million). (Give me one answer. Find the difference between their totals, and subtract that from the difference between their budgets. e.g. if their total difference is 2 million, then your answer would be 37 million)

5. Predict Broken City's percent drop

This is the one year anniversary of Box Office Alliance.

Edited by The Creator

Poll added. I'd like to hear your thoughts. This season we had a lot of legends fall before (and even during) The Final Five games. A lot of the most presitigious players of Box Office Alliance didn't make it as far as usual. It was a very top-heavy season? Despite rankings, who do you consider the strongest player of the season? Whose elimination was the most surprising? And also, which of the three left standing will win? Please share your thoughts.

I'm more excited for this week's results than I ever have been before. We have some fine competitors. And only one of the remaining players has ever made it to a semi-final before (and was eliminated then), so our finale will consist of people who have never made it that far before.

Looks like I'll be heading into my first challenge of the season. Had a pretty rubbish score.

How do you even know what your score is? Creators' questions were so convoluted that it will take a linguist, a mathmetician, a philosopher and an art historian to figure out the answers.

:rofl; I always try to figure out my score after estimates come in. I already know I zeroed on one question so that's killed me.

I honestly don't know how I did on:

2. Mama's budget is 15 million, reportedly. Find the difference as a percent between its total gross as a percentage of its budget (e.g. 30 million would be 200%, 45 million 300%, etc.) and its gross this weekend as a percentage of its budget (e.g. 10 million would be 67%). (e.g. if it makes 10 million this weekend and is at 45 million total, you would do 300%-67% = 233%, and that would be your answer). Any questions?

I got a headache trying to figure that out.

I'll try to figure it out based on estimates:

1) 98.7%

2) 95%

3) 71.4%

4) 98.12

5) 97.8%

I think I figured them out right...but I really don't know.

Predict the following:

1. Hansel and Gretel's Friday share of its opening weekend gross (e.g. if it makes 5 million Friday and 20 million for the weekend, your answer would be 25%)

31.9%

Buddy, this is a difficult question, it's really convoluted. So my answer to the first part is 320% and then I have 81.3% so I have to take those two numbers and subtract....so the answer is 238.7%

3. Predict the difference in Saturday grosses for Zero Dark Thirty and Silver Lining's Playbook: $100,000 (3.75 to 3.65 mill)

4. Predict the difference between Django Unchained and Les Miserable's domestic totals through the end of the weekends and the difference between their budgets (the difference between their budgets is 39 million). (Give me one answer. Find the difference between their totals, and subtract that from the difference between their budgets. e.g. if their total difference is 2 million, then your answer would be 37 million) 30.87M

5. Predict Broken City's percent drop: 50.5%

They're not convoluted...they require a little bit more thought than usual, yes, but I tried to make them as coherent as possible. For the record, Baumer, you did answer that question you were confused about correctly.

Also, for confidentiality, let's all try not to estimate our scores prior to my submission of the scores, at least not publicly, because I don't want to be robbed of the joy of eliminating some of you...I mean, posting your scores. -_-

Oh, and today...shit gets real.

"A War of Gods" - Game 3.14

The remnants of the Champion Battleground must be cleaned up. Now, Alfred has been slain, joining his fellow veterans in exile...but three go on. And now, they face a War of Gods.

This season has seen the most trying circumstances, the hardest Challenges, the most legendary victories...and defeats...and now, it sees a new moment of glory. Three players stand, and one is the Lone Legend, the player who shall be the winner of this season. They have braved a lot. The challenges they've faced, the battles they've fought, it's all been leading to the finale, and that moment is now in all of their grasps. But only two will move on from here.

And this week, the remaining three contestants face something unprecedented. Last week, they tested their skill on the Champion Battleground against foes, new and old, and found themselves rivaled by the forum's greatest predictors. Riczhang won his competition and established himself as the new frontrunner, as both Goffe and Alfred fell. But it was a narrow victory then, and a narrow win won't save him here.

All three are great players, but they face a different threat this week. Oh, indeed they face each other, as the winner will advance to the finale...but they also face Box-Office Gods. Will there be blood shed tonight? Can our three finalists test their own skills not only against each other, but against a new threat...their almost last threat, before the Finale?

This is the semi-final, and here, the three players find themselves going up in a series of competitions. Here, they may lose, and this may be their end. This is the episode that will test their endurance and ability to win...this is the episode that will determine who will move on to the last game of the season.

Coming up: "Find out what all this is about!"