baumer

Galaxy Quest

16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

very funny spoof on space-travel shows, namely star trek and the fan conventions circuit!

its a fan fantasy, if you're a scifi geek and found out your show was real wouldnt you help them if they ask you to?

that's one of the reason star trek IV :the voyage home is my fav original crew star trek film plus they come to save the whales :) and a marine biologist gets to hop on the enterprise back to the future ,lucky her!

galaxy quest also has a great cast in sigourney weaver,alan rickman and tim allen, i bought the dvd after seeing the film on tv ...

One of the most underrated Sci-Fi related comedy ever, the way they're poking fun at fanboys conventions (especially Rickman's deadspan demeanor) is spot on while paying homage to Sci fi shows like Star Trek. Sigourney Weaver is drop dead gorgeous in those Star Trek-like outfit. :wub:

A-

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Solid A. Endlessly rewatchable, perfectly-aimed spoof and homage at the same time. Saw this in theaters when it came out and we bought the DVD as soon as it was available!

that's one of the reason star trek IV :the voyage home is my fav original crew star trek film plus they come to save the whales :) and a marine biologist gets to hop on the enterprise back to the future ,lucky her!

Yep. ST4 is also my favourite from the series. Best Spock ever!

• Like 2

Solid A. Endlessly rewatchable, perfectly-aimed spoof and homage at the same time. Saw this in theaters when it came out and we bought the DVD as soon as it was available!

Yep. ST4 is also my favourite from the series. Best Spock ever!

This.  Exactly.

The Thurmians never fail to crack me up.  Tony Shalhoub and Sam Rockwell also.

Galaxy Quest is a very enjoyable love letter to Star Trek and its fandom. The ensemble cast is one of the finest assembled in 90s comedy, with clear highlights being Rickman and Rockwell hamming it up to the best of their abilities. The script is clever in that its Trek in-jokes are always funny, but some of the most biting jokes have nothing to do with its source material. It's just slightly disappointing that Shalhoub is underused and it has too quick pacing for its own good. Besides those issues, Galaxy Quest is a fun sci-fi comedy that is well-remembered for very good reasons, standing among other great Star Trek movies as a memorable extension of that property (despite being made completely independent of it). B