Jackie Brown

13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A great, great movie. By far Tarantino's most mature and thoughtful movie, before he started smothering himself in infantile B-movie nostalgia. Great performances, great writing, a great soundtrack, and a great atmosphere in this movie that is unfairly unlooked because its calmer and less violent than QT's other movies.

4,5/5

Kill bill Volume 2 is my fav I just love every second of that movie. He is by far my. Fav director.

I think overall Tarantino is hugely overrated but I really love Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction. Django is good too, but I havent seen Reservoir Dogs in a long time

I don't think it's the best QT film, or his only mature film, but it's definitely his calmest, most smooth and least over-the-top and as such, definitely occupies a special place in his filmography. It never feels overstuffed, despite a lot of things going on - there's a perfect balance between the heist and the (wonderfully developed) romance - and the stakes are always apparent even as QT creates a most relaxing mood. Overall, though, the characters and the dialogue are, as usual, the biggest attraction here, and their mostly understated yet fully developed nature goes a long way towards making JB one of the more rewatchable Tarantino films. As he himself very well put it, you want to return to this movie because you want to relax and hang out with the characters - and who wouldn't want to hang out as much as possible with Jackie, Max, Michael Keaton, and even (as long as they aren't threatening and/or pointing a gun at you) with Ordell and Louis?

• Like 3

Jake said it perfectly, so I have nothing more to add.One of the more understated and underrated Tarantino films. Immensely enjoyable, and despite the abundance of Tarantino signature styles, Jackie Brown still feel very fresh and different amid his filmography in a way. A

Not as flat out entertaining as some of QT's other movies, but still really, really good. I think QT might have been held back a bit by working from someone else's source material.

Like Jake said, it does feel like his most mature work in a way. And the characters, the acting, the dialogue and that soundtrack (can't even say how many great songs I have discovered from QT's movies), it's all there. B+.

a conventional Tarantino film, it grabs your attention and doesn't let it go until the very end. 

best Jackson performance I've seen so far and Grier and Forster are great together, I was eager to see more of them interacting.

80/100