DAR

Biggest oscar travesty tournament.

I've never seen that Spielberg video before. "Commercial backlash!" is a phrase I'm sure he's used many times over the years.

I'd probably go with Crash winning. It's a terrible movie that shouldn't have been there in the first place. I hated it when I saw it in theaters the summer before, and to see it win that night was somewhat mind-blowing. I felt Hollywood had been straight-up duped. 

I've never seen that Spielberg video before. "Commercial backlash!" is a phrase I'm sure he's used many times over the years.

I'd probably go with Crash winning. It's a terrible movie that shouldn't have been there in the first place. I hated it when I saw it in theaters the summer before, and to see it win that night was somewhat mind-blowing. I felt Hollywood had been straight-up duped. 

It appealed to the Hollywood liberals. I think it was almost comical how obvious the dialogue was sometimes. 

I mean, everyone has racist thoughts sometimes, but not everyone is a racist inside like the movie says.

I'm not sure if my favorite part is Matt Dillion groping Thandie Newton only to save her later, or Sandra Bullock falling down the stairs and realizing her only friend in the world is her maid. No, no! It has to be the kid getting shot! ONLY SHE'S WASN'T!

Sorry, it's always been tough for me to stop once I get started on that movie.

I'm not sure if my favorite part is Matt Dillion groping Thandie Newton only to save her later, or Sandra Bullock falling down the stairs and realizing her only friend in the world is her maid. No, no! It has to be the kid getting shot! ONLY SHE'S WASN'T!

Sorry, it's always been tough for me to stop once I get started on that movie.

Oh yeah, that was some bad writing right there.

I still think there are good things about Crash, like some of the performances, but overall its just preachy, manipulative and obvious. I did like the original song, though. Should have won the oscar instead of that Rap song.

That song is terrible. The rap song that won was terrible but it was the least terrible of the ones nominated. That's pretty much the standard quality of that category these days. :unsure:

At least Adele gets to win this year. Even if the lyrics for Skyfall are mind-numbingly stupid. And at least Bret from Flight of the Conchords got to win last year. Even if it was for the worst song he wrote for that movie....

I know right? There were like a dozen songs in The Muppets that were better than the one that got nominated.

Travolta is actually pretty great in that movie.

Yeah, I'd actually agree. But it's not really a travesty that he lost. There were some performances I liked more in that year. Richard Dreyfuss in The Goodbye Girl and Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters mainly.