riczhang

85th Academy Awards Ceremony Thread SADNESS

It's funny how people get excited or upset if someone wins or loses an Oscar.  I mean in the grand scheme of things it really has no bearing.  It's like cheering on your favorite sports team, sure you're happy or sad but in the end you really did nothing.  Of course you do get a hat or t-shirt if a sports team would win.

Maybe they should do that, sell Argo championship t-shirts.  Or better like in the Superbowl the losing team has their "Championship" gear sent to a village in a third world country.  Send the films gear that didn't win there.  Imagine some little kid from Haiti wearing an Amour Best Picture winner shirt.

It's funny how people get excited or upset if someone wins or loses an Oscar.  I mean in the grand scheme of things it really has no bearing.  It's like cheering on your favorite sports team, sure you're happy or sad but in the end you really did nothing.  Of course you do get a hat or t-shirt if a sports team would win.

Kris Tapley has said this, and it's how I look at the Oscars: it's a time capsule. No one group can really decide what the best film of the year is. We all have a different opinion. It's most fun to look back at the winners 10 or 20 years down the road. It captures that moment in Hollywood history. As for the films that don't win? Well, if they're great, they'll be remembered no matter what.

It's funny how people get excited or upset if someone wins or loses an Oscar. I mean in the grand scheme of things it really has no bearing. It's like cheering on your favorite sports team, sure you're happy or sad but in the end you really did nothing. Of course you do get a hat or t-shirt if a sports team would win.Maybe they should do that, sell Argo championship t-shirts. Or better like in the Superbowl the losing team has their "Championship" gear sent to a village in a third world country. Send the films gear that didn't win there. Imagine some little kid from Haiti wearing an Amour Best Picture winner shirt.

I'd buy those. Legit. I still can't believe the Oscar thread was so much longer than last year's.

Kris Tapley has said this, and it's how I look at the Oscars: it's a time capsule. No one group can really decide what the best film of the year is. We all have a different opinion. It's most fun to look back at the winners 10 or 20 years down the road. It captures that moment in Hollywood history. As for the films that don't win? Well, if they're great, they'll be remembered no matter what.

And on top of that, it really is a glorified popularity contest. Sure, for the most part, the films have to be well-made, but then people just generally have to like you in order to win.

• Like 1