baumer

Biggest Snubs (not nominated) in Oscar history

I didn';t forget about it.  I didn't really think DMD was all that good.  

I don't care for it either. Just in the context of its other nominations especially for best film, editing and screenplay and not to be even nominated for best director was a bit of an omission.
  • Like 1

I am serious. Both Phoenix and Jackman were faaaaaaar more amazing and impressive than DDL

At Hollywood, and the Academy, nowadays what matters isn't just the talent. It matters if you're a popular actor who had success before. If the things would've stayed the opposite way, with Jackman of Phoenix being as popular and as respected as Daniel Day Lewis (not to include if they had 2 Oscar wins, and DDL being at his third or first nomination), you can imagine that Jackman or Phoenix would've won that for sure...

I'd say DDL and Phoenix were equally great and Jackman, while strong, didn't even come within a mile of them. 

In my opinion, Jackman was the strongest of them all... Opinions are shared... I'm asking myself how big/small the difference in votes were for those three... If we were able to...

I'd say DDL and Phoenix were equally great and Jackman, while strong, didn't even come within a mile of them. 

Jackman's turn was by far the most surprising for me. I never would have expected such an enormously charismatic and jaw-dropping performance. I think he was spectacular

• Like 2

What I'm hoping right now is that Jackman will engage in more Oscar worthy movies... He does have talent, but he's making a mistake for staying just in those hollywood blockbusters...

Edited by ChD

I dunno, I mean I always knew Jackman had tons of charisma and from what I knew about the part I was sure it was tailor-made for him and he'd put his heart and soul into it. To be honest, I might have been more surprised by DDL, because his method techniques are so incredibly well-known now, it's very easy to let your expectations go into stratosphere and be constantly aware that what you're seeing is DDL doing his thing. Yet no matter how high my expectations were, the minute he appeared on screen all I saw was Abraham Lincoln. It was kind of incredible, really, and made me further convinced that DDL has come closest to Marlon Brando than anyone, in a sense that even when you know to expect greatness, and even when you think you're fully prepared for greatness, the actual performance still knocks you right down. 

• Like 1

he doesn't really come close to Waltz. No one did that year.

That makes me wonder sometimes just what would happen if the timing of some of those insanely acclaimed recent performances wasn't as perfect. Imagine, for example, if TDK and Basterds came out in the same year... I could honestly see a tie between Ledger and Waltz. I think the closest we came to that in reality recently was with Streep vs Davis, but the movies' scope was not that big.