How did you even know that?

How do you know otherwise? I said "looks like". Meaning, I don't see what features in this film suggest even as strong an opening as a movie like Wall-E or as strong of legs as a movie like Rat, but somewhere in the middle, and certainly not UP.

A wild princess who wants to be free? Scottish guys in a bar-fight? Something about a bear?

UP (which some of you are suggesting this will be) had the funny wilderness explorer kid, it had a funny talking dog, house flying on baloons, humorous giant bird character, grumpy old man, etc--concrete, sell-able images that audiences bought into(that I could see way ahead of time audience were going to buy into), and not to mention the BIG laughs in its trailers, as opposed to small chuckles that I've felt from Brave's so far.

Is it that unreasonable to think that Brave looks less like UP and more like some of Pixar's lesser-grossing movies? I'm not trying to say anything about quality here--and the recent reviews have been very heartening to hear. Unless you guys are assuming glowing reviews even BEYOND what UP had--and that this will drive in new and larger audiences than before?

How do you know otherwise? I said "looks like". Meaning, I don't see what features in this film suggest even as strong an opening as a movie like Wall-E or as strong of legs as a movie like Rat, but somewhere in the middle, and certainly not UP.

A wild princess who wants to be free? Scottish guys in a bar-fight? Something about a bear?....

QFT.

Great summary.

Those concept art pictures remind me more and more on How To Train Your Dragon without the flying dragons. Just substitute the Vikings with Celts, the rebellious son of the tribe's leader with the freedom loving king's daughter. Drawing disproportionally sized people has worked for HttyD why not for Brave? HttyD had a slow start but great legs. Pixar surely trust that its brand name will work. We will see what damages the car accident has left behind.

A wild princess who wants to be free? Scottish guys in a bar-fight? Something about a bear?

UP (which some of you are suggesting this will be) had the funny wilderness explorer kid, it had a funny talking dog, house flying on baloons, humorous giant bird character, grumpy old man, etc--concrete, sell-able images that audiences bought into(that I could see way ahead of time audience were going to buy into), and not to mention the BIG laughs in its trailers, as opposed to small chuckles that I've felt from Brave's so far.

Is it that unreasonable to think that Brave looks less like UP and more like some of Pixar's lesser-grossing movies? I'm not trying to say anything about quality here--and the recent reviews have been very heartening to hear. Unless you guys are assuming glowing reviews even BEYOND what UP had--and that this will drive in new and larger audiences than before?

What's wrong with a princess who wants to be free? You are acting like you know everything about the film.

And do not tell me UP was sell-able. An article was even written about it being risky because of the "old" lead character. You are just saying it was great blah blah blah because you already know how it performed.

What's wrong with a princess who wants to be free? You are acting like you know everything about the film.

And do not tell me UP was sell-able. An article was even written about it being risky because of the "old" lead character. You are just saying it was great blah blah blah because you already know how it performed.

lol blah blah blah--because I already know how it performed?

I was calling UP to be big from the first trailer I saw. Even from this poster they put up at Disneyland way before the trailer. I just wasn't posting on Mojo back then (was reading though).

I'm not saying Brave is going to bomb. I'm simply saying it doesn't look like it has that blend of those qualities UP showed me pre-release that told me it was going to be huge.

I'm not saying that it won't prove me wrong either. It certainly could. I DON'T know everything about it. I've pointed that out before. I don't understand why they aren't showing what the story is about. Usually I take that as a bad sign in marketing, but coming from Pixar it seems strange.

I don't get you types on here that get all offensive. I'm not insulting you guys with crap like "blah blah blah" am I? Why don't you reply with a positive alternative to what I'm seeing instead? Show me what qualities are going to make this Pixars 2nd or 3rd highest grossing original? Is there any tracking on it yet? I'd rather see that stuff than "blah blah blah".

lol blah blah blah--because I already know how it performed?

I was calling UP to be big from the first trailer I saw. Even from this poster they put up at Disneyland way before the trailer. I just wasn't posting on Mojo back then (was reading though).

And you want me to believe this? Ok, I believe you.

I'm not saying Brave is going to bomb. I'm simply saying it doesn't look like it has that blend of those qualities UP showed me pre-release that told me it was going to be huge.

I'm not saying that it won't prove me wrong either. It certainly could. I DON'T know everything about it. I've pointed that out before. I don't understand why they aren't showing what the story is about. Usually I take that as a bad sign in marketing, but coming from Pixar it seems strange.

Pixar is known for not showing what the story is about. Did you expect what happened in TOY STORY lll?

I don't get you types on here that get all offensive. I'm not insulting you guys with crap like "blah blah blah" am I? Why don't you reply with a positive alternative to what I'm seeing instead? Show me what qualities are going to make this Pixars 2nd or 3rd highest grossing original? Is there any tracking on it yet? I'd rather see that stuff than "blah blah blah".

Lol. Blah blah blah is an insult now. I might use that often. Here: 64 M, two months before release. http://boxofficebuzz.tumblr.com/

3.5 multiplier for an original release?

lol i don't NEED to have the same opinion as you; I don't think Brave looks special enough to think more of it for now, that's all--and it's going to get hit 3rd weekend by TASM and 4th weekend by IA4 (unless I looked at that wrong somehow); and if I'm wrong, I'll be a happy Pixar fan--because it will mean Brave is fantastic above and beyond

lol i don't NEED to have the same opinion as you; I don't think Brave looks special enough to think more of it for now, that's all--and it's going to get hit 3rd weekend by TASM and 4th weekend by IA4 (unless I looked at that wrong somehow); and if I'm wrong, I'll be a happy Pixar fan--because it will mean Brave is fantastic above and beyond

Stop with the hypocrisy please.