The movie looks much better than it did before--but I still don't see how this will top Incredibles, let alone Up. GI Joe moving will help it's second weekend, but then it has TASM, IA4 and TDKR to cut out the length of its legs.

IMO -- fears of a 160-180M gross are pretty well gone, but it still looks like a 220M type grosser to me. :wacko: and nothing going to change my mind until it proves me wrong.

Unless this movie ends up to just absolutely blow even more than Cars 2 did I'm 99% positive it's doing at least $200 million. As for how much higher it could go mainly would depend on WOM.

Before Cars 2, no Pixar movie had sold below 30 million tickets in their respective runs. 30 million tickets in today's average pricing and the added 3D (guessing a share around 45-55%) would put it at a potential $265-275 million. That seems quite possible, assuming word of mouth continues to be very good and it opens at around $60 million. Although, I dunno if Cars 2 has in any way "tainted" the Pixar brand. I guess we'll know the answer in a couple of weeks.

Saw the trailer before Prometheus.

Really beautiful colors and characters faces but not "out-of-this-world" pictures or moments.

I hope a lot is secret and not blown away in marketing.

Merida's hairs are gorgeous.

Why are some of you saying it a kiddie movie? Sure the marketing is sort of showing kiddie friendly parts lately but those who have seen the movie and reviewed it are all saying the movie is much darker than past Pixar movies.

Sure. But Brave seems not that attractive to adult audience ...

It's a lot more attractive to the adult audience than Cars 2 though.

I guess we'll see how bad Cars 2 damaged the brand with Brave's performance. Audiences always gave Pixar films the benefit of the doubt before last year.

Why are some of you saying it a kiddie movie? Sure the marketing is sort of showing kiddie friendly parts lately but those who have seen the movie and reviewed it are all saying the movie is much darker than past Pixar movies.

Heck, even the trailers have hinted at a darker element. How many kids movies make lost limbs a plot point?

This movie feels too much like it is ONLY for girls. Besides the goofy dad in the trailer are there ANY important male characters in this thing?

Tangled had a lot of Flynn in the trailers to attract the boys, and he ended up being as important as Rapunzel. I doubt Tangled would have done as well if it was just Rapunzel in all the trailers.

Females identify with male characters all the time. Are we unable to reciprocate?

The guys in the trailer were the main character's goofy dad, brothers, and those stupid guys that want to marry her in that archery contest There needs to be a guy to root for too. Boys are very important in making these animated movies a hit.

Even Katniss needed Peeta in THG.

The guys in the trailer were the main character's goofy dad, brothers, and those stupid guys that want to marry her in that archery contest There needs to be a guy to root for too. Boys are very important in making these animated movies a hit.

You didn't answer my question: Are males unable to identify with females? Because there have certainly been tons of successful movies that lacked a female rooting interest.

If this movie does lack a male one, then I think Pixar should be applauded for challenging that notion.

Edited by tribefan695