"The fact that Pixar falls behind in 3D shares -- at the domestic B.O. at least -- has some bizzers scratching their heads, since the studio's films play extraordinarily well with teens and adults, even more so than the pics from other animation shops."

They answered their own question.

Ugh, exactly. Stop scratching your heads and start realizing this 3Dirt phase has got to go!!! :rant:

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

Yes.

I think its short-sided of them to not focus on the 3D because the day will come when we'll be able to see 3D movies without glasses and eventually it'll be the only option.

BTW, We'll be going to see Brave tonight.

Edited by iEye

I think its short-sided of them to not focus on the 3D because the day will come when we'll be able to see 3D movies without glasses and eventually it'll be the only option.

BTW, We'll be going to see Brave tonight.

Interested to see what you think of it since you're not biased.

As for 3D, personally I don't mind them not focusing on it just because I'm not a fan anyway; but from a box office standpoint, they probably should throw audiences a bone if they want to maximize its benefits.

Is it just me, or has Pixar's 3D always been quite underwhelming, or even useless?

The only ones I've seen in the format are the Toy Story trilogy. Weirdly, it looked like they put more effort into the conversion of the first two than they did in the third's.

Interested to see what you think of it since you're not biased.

As for 3D, personally I don't mind them not focusing on it just because I'm not a fan anyway; but from a box office standpoint, they probably should throw audiences a bone if they want to maximize its benefits.

Maybe they genuinely hate the format and want to hasten its decline.

I, for one, refuse to watch 3D. I can't imagine how anyone would prefer wearing those cheap glasses through the entire movie.

I wonder, if it would help 3D in America, if they would bring expensive sunglasses to the market to watch 3D without having to pay the extra charge for it. Those glasses would have to be custom-made and optical to correct for eye deficiencies and would adapt to light conditions.

They're not gonna stop charging on a showing-by-showing basis. They need a way for that extra money to get to the studio.

They could offer special deals to frequent movie goers. Some sort of a reduction. People who payed in advance would be more likely to watch 3D movies to get their money's worth.

I, for one, refuse to watch 3D. I can't imagine how anyone would prefer wearing those cheap glasses through the entire movie.

For some of us, it's not a choice. Every single large theater within a 200 km radius from here only offers the 3D option for first-run movies. Sure, if I wait 3 months, I can see it in 2D. But if I want to see a movie once it opens here, and I have the misfortune of it being a 3D movie, I have to suffer through it or drive/take a train for almost 400 km (one-way) and watch the movie...

the frst time to get numbers for it

Brave

DOM 3D share 34%

OS 3D share 73%

we live in a different world

Most people overseas don't have the option between 3D and 2D though like here in the States. Lots of locates only show 3D overseas.