Brave looks generic but there wouldn`t be hype if the main character wasn`t a girl. Which is why it`s getting meh reviews. They thought that having a girl in a movie was enough while forgetting to write an interesting story.

Edited by fishnets

Brave looks generic but there wouldn`t be hype if the main character wasn`t a girl. Which is why it`s getting meh reviews. They thought that having a girl in a movie was enough while forgetting to write an interesting story.

You don't think a Pixar movie would be getting this much hype if the main character wasn't a girl? You've heard of Pixar before, right? They could have a movie with a doorknob as the main character and it'd generate this much hype (first movie by Pixar with a doorknob main character!!).

It's getting meh reviews partly because many expected more from Pixar. You sound like you're making up some imaginary idea-stealing from Pixar with THG because you feel threatened Merida outhypes Katniss (you do know that animated movies take years to develop right? Nobody had even heard of THG when we first heard this movie was being made).

Katniss power will not be stolen by a caricature or anyone else for the matter. There.

I heard Collins got her idea of Katniss when she heard Pixar was making this movie actually. Katniss' power is already stolen anyway.

Awesome! I don`t want Brave to outgross THG. If THG couldn`t set OS boxoffice on fire, so shouldn`t TB. Katniss is the archer of the decade not Merida.

Wait before saying that ... december 31th, 2019 is very far away.

lol

THG could be speed-rebooted ala Twilight.

lol

WTF this is the worst interview in history

How does the finished film compare to what they thought they were making back in 2006. When Sarafian was answering something fell in another room and her answer was cut short. After a short break I asked a different question

BTW I just watched the controversial Song of the South and to be honest, it was pretty good. It wasnt politically correct, sure, but it wasnt as offensive as I would have thought. Actually its pretty harmless and a decent kids movie. The music and songs were good, the animation bits were gold and I liked Uncle Remus. Thank god they didnt have him eating watermelon, that would have been too much.