RichWS

Friday Numbers

I am not doubting she didn't had some of the credit to this movie's highs, but it is still hard, when you have another A-lister, who can also open a movie by himself and he have already proven that. I would say 50/50 for both actors.

Well, I said that Cooper factor couldn`t be exclused because his opening track record is pretty good. But JLaw hype overtook at least final months into Oscar race.

Well, I said that Cooper factor couldn`t be exclused because his opening track record is pretty good. But JLaw hype overtook at least final months into Oscar race.

What hype was she even favourite prior to the oscars? I may be unaware of the hype due to  being in the UK where the Oscars is not nearly the big factor it is in the US.

Jlaw  has been everywhere during award season : she campaigned while promoting the movie.

Trust me, she was the selling point of the whole thing.

Harvey said it himself, he waited to have Jlaw availble to expand and promote the movie, that was the strategy all along.

Her completely natural and unrehearsed personality worked wonder. And she is witty as fuck.

I d say more 66% Jlaw and 33% Bradley. Anyway, their chemistry in the movie is electric, so you believe in and  root for these too basket cases.

Oh and it didn't hurt that the movie was a masterful directorial effort by DOR who is the best actor's director right now.

The WOM for SLP has been insane from the get go.

In a Sliders episode, that s what SLP could have been or 5 years ago :

Posted Image

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

You could say that, and I agree with that too.

I expect this girl to reach many more succes and just at 22 she could match or exceed Merl Streep.

What hype was she even favourite prior to the oscars? I may be unaware of the hype due to  being in the UK where the Oscars is not nearly the big factor it is in the US.

She was a front-runner since reviews came out from TIFF in September. At that point, many critics didn`t believe that Cooper nom would happen because they deemed the movie to be a JLaw show. Cooper emerged as a serious contender when the movie opened in US and remaining US critics chimed in. I`m not trying to undermine Cooper power since he was the main draw BEFORE buzz shifted to his co-star.

Must been an American thing she is no near as big in the UK i've been asking people about her post oscars and there like who is she they only no her as the girl from the hunger games if they have seen it. 

Must been an American thing she is no near as big in the UK i've been asking people about her post oscars and there like who is she they only no her as the girl from the hunger games if they have seen it. 

That`s entirely plausible which is why she was not tipped to win BAFTA (and BAFTA did go to Riva).

Yh i agree people are acting like Jlaw was the only star and attraction to this movie.

Yep, I don't know how some people could overlook an actor who made an R-rated comedy gross 277m and thriller about a certain drug gross 77m+ not have most impact in the movie reaching what it have grossed so far. 

She was a front-runner since reviews came out from TIFF in September. At that point, many critics didn`t believe that Cooper nom would happen because they deemed the movie to be a JLaw show. Cooper emerged as a serious contender when the movie opened in US and remaining US critics chimed in. I`m not trying to undermine Cooper power since he was the main draw BEFORE buzz shifted to his co-star.

I have to ask what the hell is TIFF?

You think ???

Fuck the Baftas !!!  ;)  :P  :angry:

The only big award she missed during all award season ...

Edited by The Futurist

The Hangover is largely considered a Galifianakis franchise like POTC is Depp`s, although they are actually ensambles. Cooper name helped but Galifianakis is the official show stealer/star/whatever.

Cooper did open Limitless on his name and that was also departure from his rom com and comedy roles.

He was bigger name to open SLP before hype started to single out JLaw as the reason to see it. He`s still a big factor in success since their chemistry was fantastic and he was fantastic in the role.

Edited by fishnets

That`s entirely plausible which is why she was not tipped to win BAFTA (and BAFTA did go to Riva).

Yh i think her personality is very suited to american audiences in the Uk we have different taste in humour in particular so she is nowhere near as popular. 

I feel sorry for her. I honestly think that she is controlled by her PR who are setting up a sorta bad/rebel girl image for her or something in order to make her interesting when she is clealry a very shy, very modest, very regular girl who doesn`t swim lime-light waters very well.

Couldn't the academy do something about her, if she looked like this in the backstage. They could have changed very quickly to someone else, I mean they were all ready from a teleprompter.

Yh i think her personality is very suited to american audiences in the Uk we have different taste in humour in particular so she is nowhere near as popular. 

Well, nothing compares to success in America so it really doesn`t matter what Brits think. I just hope you stop peddling your shittiest actors that housewives like to our market (Armitage, Turner, Bloom) and give us more Hoult, Hiddleston, Hardy.

Is it what Cjohn wrote?

Yep, second biggest Film Festival in the world after Cannes but #1 in relevance for the Oscars. We launched so many Oscar winners and nominees it`s insane.

Edited by fishnets