baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

• Founder / Operator

Kitik is right, Shawn. And like you said you said, within 5% of actuals; that means our predictions need to be within 95-105% of actuals. For example, with Wolvie, your prediction has to be 105% of whatever actual it is. So

105% = 135.2 (your prediction)

100% = Actuals

Cross multiply, you get 128.76

I know that. I misspoke originally. The thing is that that part of the question does not specify the actual or the prediction--only the first part of the question does.

We're all technically right here.

Edited by ShawnMR

I know that. I misspoke originally. The thing is that that part of the question does not specify the actual or the prediction--only the first part of the question does.

We're both right.

Well, I don't mind. If it's within prediction, then the goal will be less, I'm totally in support of that  :P

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

It's up to Baumer, of course, but it may be necessary to accept both methods as correct answers. There's admittedly some ambiguity in the phrasing of the bonus question and the method I went with was consistent with similar questions in the past.

If it's within 5% of actuals, then scoring won't be hard cause there will only be one range for each movie. But if it's within 5% of each person's prediction though.... I don't envy B  :lol:

If it's within 5% of actuals, then scoring won't be hard cause there will only be one range for each movie. But if it's within 5% of each person's prediction though.... I don't envy B  :lol:

not necessarily

using a hypothetical total of 128.9, instead of multiplying by 1.05 (meaning anyone under 135.345 would be correct), you'd simply divide by 0.95 (meaning anyone under 135.684 would be correct)

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I'm curious to hear what Baumer originally intended the math to be. Either way, I think both ranges should be considered correct answers under the circumstances, but I'm sure he'll clear it up when he gets time.

Regarding preseason 15A:

Wolverine is at 35.1M after a 1.37M weekend and needs 4.4M in two weeks, that isn't going to happen so no is the correct answer.

Only Baumer, Schumacher and myself answered this right then, which means that we gain 40,000 points on almost everyone, and 20,000 on a couple who abstained.

Posted Image

I'm not sure it's a lock just yet.

Last Monday Wolverine was at 30.8. If it's up to 35.1 today that means it made 4.3 over the last 7 days. Seems to me that 4.4 over the next 15 days is still possible.

What happens if it's at 39.4 as of September 1st? Since the deadline for the game is September 2nd, can we just assume it'll cover that last bit of ground on Monday the 2nd?

• Like 1

I'm not sure it's a lock just yet.

Last Monday Wolverine was at 30.8. If it's up to 35.1 today that means it made 4.3 over the last 7 days. Seems to me that 4.4 over the next 15 days is still possible.

What happens if it's at 39.4 as of September 1st? Since the deadline for the game is September 2nd, can we just assume it'll cover that last bit of ground on Monday the 2nd?

This is gonna come down to the wire as well isn't it?

• Like 1