baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

Answer to BKB question is on Page 35

http://www.wehrenberg.com/theaterDetail.asp?theatre=138 For the moment, what I find odd is that if this movie did so well on Midnights with all the WALMART inclusion brouhaha, how the hell is my local theatre not sold out of 1 afternoon show for this if this is so good??? I mean, it's summer for heaven sakes.. This thing should be selling out left and right..

• Like 2

So, what are the odds for some SOTM question asking us to predict the range for MOS's final gross?

If we get one, hopefully the deadline would be before Friday, before we can see what the second weekend drop will be.

• Like 1

How will question 30 turn out? Nikki's first estimate was 42-27, and it fell right in the middle.

If she reported 42 - 47M, the official BSG estimate for OD is 56M.

So the OD was higher than what she predicted. Rules are rules!

The Nikki Question:

SUNDAY AM, 8TH UPDATEWarner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) grossed $44M in North America on Friday (including the $9M from midnights) and -18% for $36.1M Saturday (excluding those $12M from Thursday 7 PM Wal-Mart shows. Pic was light on all-time records. But, even with a longish running time of two hours and 23 minutes, the Chris Nolan-Zack Snyder-David S. Goyer-Henry Cavill PG-13 tentpole set a new June best-ever opening weekend record. It was the 2nd best debut of 2013 behind only Disney/Marvel’s Iron Man 3. ”It beat all expectations,” a Warner Bros executive tells me. “Interesting note that Superman’s Saturday gross is double the next ranking Top 4 films added together. That’s reallydominating the marketplace.” Estimates now for the 3-day weekend are $113M and the 4-day opening cume is $125.1M including Thursday. As for Sunday, “always an upside to consider with a huge Father’s Day result,” Warner Bros President, Domestic Distribution, Dan Fellman tells me. Saturday’s number followed very strong matinees – the same as opening day at $15.5M. Sunday also will bring an updated international figure which currently stands at $25.9M. Playing on 331 domestic IMAX screens, Man Of Steel delivered $13.3M, a record opening for a June release andwas 12% of the weekend take.

The Nikki Question:

Pic was light on all-time records.

Why do I have the feeling that she has an account on this forum and deliberately messes with us? The majority probably answered 'No', so that's why.

Got half of the questions right... The thing that I hate is the fact that the people who over predicted Man of Steel by a ridiculous amount of money on Bonus 1, are the ones most likely to win it because of Walmart tickets.

Most of us actually predicted around 110-115M ... but there are some who over predicted this... big time.

Funny how the ones who over predicted are going to win -.-

Edited by ChD