Water Bottle

Game of Thrones (BOOK + TV) WARNING: SPOILERS [NO LEAKED EPISODE SPOILERS]

i figure they'll turn around , but yeah why would the guards let her leave 

can't imagine littlefinger with his hands on both of kat's daughters ...so yeah this will probably play out like bran and jon so close yet so far non meeting at craster keep 

plus littlefinger will be notify but too late and he won't say anything to sansa because it doesnt give him any advantage!

Okay, what is the spoiler, numbers?

In the French promo it appears that

Pyp dies by getting shot in the throat with an arrow, and we see Grenn has taken the place of Donal Noye facing the Giant at the gate

So it's two deaths that have not happened in the novels.

Pyp dies by getting shot in the throat with an arrow, and we see Grenn has taken the place of Donal Noye facing the Giant at the gate

Pyp and grenn are dead

that sucks if they kill edd to we riot

Edited by The Sun's Son

Hmm. Don't they both help with Jon's election as LC? I can't remember.

Hmm. Don't they both help with Jon's election as LC? I can't remember.

It's mostly Sam with a little help from others.

It could be that neither end up dead, I'm just relaying the reports and my own viewing.

Here is the French promo in case you want to take a look for yourselves

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ya9di_game-of-thrones-saison-4-episode-9-bande-annonce-spoiler_tv#from=embediframe

Edited by Numbers the One True King

I'm glad they have moved Sansa's storyline forward. For the first time she's an interesting character.

True, I think Sansa's journey will have a huge payoff at the end of the series so might as well start laying some real groundwork from now on, which is the halfway point I think.

The reynes and Tarbeck could have beaten the Lannisters if Roger had marshaled all of his troops in time. That shows just how weak Tytos was and how bold Tywin was. The straw that broke the camels back was the killing of Tywin's maternal grandfather by the Red lion

The fact that Tytos was so ineffective and essentially became a running joke makes you admire Tywin's accomplishments and personality all the more. It's understandable why he became the severe and unforgiving person he is now, clinging to upholding Lannister glory. And expecting nothing less from his children. Missed opportunity on the books and show's parts to not highlight that part of the Lannister history before Tywin's death.

Regarding the Littlefinger/Reyne theory, I really want it to happen. Numbers said it doesn't have a proper build up, but then again, Rains of Castamere is shoved down our throats almost every alternate week thanks to the show and it is also incorporated in the House Lannister theme.For it to figure into the backstory of one of the game's biggest players who has been systematically and carefully breaking down the Lannisters from the beginning of the series would just be thematically beautiful. I also find the Alayne/Ellyn+Rohanne thing to be interesting.

Just think. If Baelish is indeed the last surviving heir of the Houses Reyne and Tarbeck, then if the Lannisters are completely decimated (which seems to be his endgame), then he can claim the Westerlands for himself once he has regained Reyne/Tarbeck's lost status. He already has the "Key to the North", who could also be the key to the Riverlands if Edmure Tully dies and his issue with Roslyn Frey perishes. And he already controls the Vale.

So basically he will own everything worth owning north and west of King's Landing!  :o  :o And once the Lannisters are gone, he could claim KL, the Crownlands AND the Iron Throne for himself! Or through Sansa. And all without anyone, not even Varys, seeing it coming. Epic game is epic!

Edited by Spidey Freak of Highgarden

But it would be like if in Lord of the Rings it turned out that Barliaman Butterbur was an heir of generations past to the land of Cardolan and essentially the only clues for it were in a historical appendix Tolkien published in-between The Two Towers and Return of the King.

At least with the Blackfyres it is built up a bit in the novels, explored a good deal more in the Dunk & Egg novellas, and there's a bunch of clues and hints as well.

It is a very interesting theory, but not one supported by much out there at all.

But it would be like if in Lord of the Rings it turned out that Barliaman Butterbur was an heir of generations past to the land of Cardolan and essentially the only clues for it were in a historical appendix Tolkien published in-between The Two Towers and Return of the King.

At least with the Blackfyres it is built up a bit in the novels, explored a good deal more in the Dunk & Egg novellas, and there's a bunch of clues and hints as well.

It is a very interesting theory, but not one supported by much out there at all.

I would love it to be true it offers more motivation to LF than just  a heartbroken kid who turns "evil" after the girl he loves denies him

Edited by The Sun's Son
  • Like 1

Lol Butterbur is no Baelish. :P And I think more clues will be strewn in TWoW before the big reveal in AHfS (or the eighth book, which God forbid). I don't think it is all that important for the casual readers to know the specifics of the Reyne/Tarbeck history and family trees. Just that Petyr is the last surviving heir of those two lines. They know enough of the families through the novels and Rains of Castamere to realize the full implications. Same for show fans.

As Sun's Son said, it adds more dimension to Littlefinger's characterization and motivations. Also, it's just fucking cool! Rains of Castamere will become even more epic and chilling than it already is, something I didn't think possible. 

Anyone ever wonder what would happen if Edmure hadn't stopped Tywin from going West. IMO Stannis sacks Kings Landing killing tyrion, Cersei,Joffrey, Sansa is then held by Stannis.  Robb beats Tywin in the war the Freys and Bolton don't dare to betray him without Tywin's backing and he heads back north taking Moat Cailain with his plan.

The Tyrells fall back to Highgarden and Stannis wars with the Riverlords and whatever's left of Robb's army.  The Rosby's give up Tommen to Stannis who refuses to kill him. They trade Sansa for Jaime and Stannis has Jaime admit to the incest, Stannis then has Jaime executed and sends Tommen away. Robb gets the letter from the watch and sends soldiers up to the wall to save Jon ( as Jon is Robb's heir). Jon is still legitimized but Rickon comes out so Jon probably marries Val on Robb's order and pretty much continues his role on the wall without actually being a brother. Theon is executed. Eventually Jeyne gets pregnant(as her mother stops drugging her).

Littlefinger is still alive and flees to the vale his plan stays the same lysa still dies and he is lord protector. So is Varys as he probably hides away in red keep as he was planning. Balon still dies and Euron becomes king the reaving continues except it is the westerlands that are ravaged not the reach. Victarion still goes to Dany.

The Dornish break the Myrcella engagement but keep the girl around, Oberyn's still in Dorne and Tyrion is dead meaning Aegon and the Golden Company(No Connigton Greyscale so plan is not rushed) meet with Dany in Meereen and they plan the invasion of Westeros together with Dorne's support. So it's Stannis and the storlands+Crownlands+maybe part of reach v Robb riverlands and north and matbe Vale v Dany+Aegon golden comapny and Dothraki and unsullied and dorne and part of reach who do you think wins that. However just as Dany and Aegon come I'm sure Varys goes on a killing streak so Melisandre, Davos or even Stannis may die

Edited by The Sun's Son