Water Bottle

Game of Thrones (BOOK + TV) WARNING: SPOILERS [NO LEAKED EPISODE SPOILERS]

You have to remember that the Margaery/Tommen wedding is a pretty low-key affair and should just be one scene of five to six minutes at the most. It could easily be at the beginning of The Mountain and the Viper.

The interesting twist on the show aspect of this is that the actor playing Tommen is about twice as old as the character in the books. At 15 years old I feel like he would be capable of and indeed expected to consummate his marriage with Margaery which could of course completely change the dynamic between Cersei and Margaery in the show as opposed to what occurs in AFFC

Edited by Kingslayer

was that davos going to braavos what the hell is he doing there are they cutting out white harbor and the rest

Yeah and if they actually have Stannis hire the Golden Company it will completely derail the storyline of the show compared to the books...

The interesting twist on the show aspect of this is that the actor playing Tommen is about twice as old as the character in the books. At 15 years old I feel like he would be capable of and indeed expected to consummate his marriage with Margaery which could of course completely change the dynamic between Cersei and Margaery in the show as opposed to what occurs in AFFC

OMG, so I now hope it isn't Cersei the Wronged Queen Mother vs. Margaery the Pedo Queen. Lol, you cannot put anything beyond D&D now after "Jaime the Rapist".

• Like 3

OMG, so I now hope it isn't Cersei the Wronged Queen Mother vs. Margaery the Pedo Queen. Lol, you cannot put anything beyond D&D now after "Jaime the Rapist".

That would be poignantly fitting considering Margaery is my favorite female character and they've already wrecked my favorite male character also by using Cersei (my most hated character)  -_-

• Like 2

At least I can understand making Tyrion St. Tyrion as little people get close to zero representation in popular media. But Cersei? C'mon, she really doesn't need this kind of sanitization at the expense of stronger characters like Jaime. It's the same old misogynistic belief that women cannot be close to unreasonably evil in stories.

• Like 1

At least I can understand making Tyrion St. Tyrion as little people get close to zero representation in popular media. But Cersei? C'mon, she really doesn't need this kind of sanitization at the expense of stronger characters like Jaime. It's the same old misogynistic belief that women cannot be close to unreasonably evil in stories.

Yeah the thing that is really a head-scratcher for me is that on the surface the two Lannister twins seem the same in the first two seasons/books. But then GRRM made it a point to get inside both of their heads to show both how their paths are completely diverging from each other and that Jaime wasn't even inherently bad in the first place. But either D&D haven't read Cersei's chapters in AFFC or they just are belligerently altering her character for the sake of being politically correct or something because she is clearly a power-crazed tyrant in that book, much closer in temperament to Robert or even Joffrey than she is to Jaime. 

• Like 1

Yeah the thing that is really a head-scratcher for me is that on the surface the two Lannister twins seem the same in the first two seasons/books. But then GRRM made it a point to get inside both of their heads to show both how their paths are completely diverging from each other and that Jaime wasn't even inherently bad in the first place. But either D&D haven't read Cersei's chapters in AFFC or they just are belligerently altering her character for the sake of being politically correct or something because she is clearly a power-crazed tyrant in that book, much closer in temperament to Robert or even Joffrey than she is to Jaime. 

Yeah, she, among all three of the Lannister children, is the MOST natural heir to her father as she is the only one who matches his ruthlessness. When you actually think of it, softening Cersei's edge is as much a disservice to Cersei's characterization as it is to Jaime's. 

OTOH, if they wanted to make the point that incest is fucked up no matter what, they didn't need to emphasize it beyond the living abnormal result of the act that was Joffrey. This is just bludgeoning a mace over the head to get the point across, if that was the reason for the rape.

was that davos going to braavos what the hell is he doing there are they cutting out white harbor and the rest

Yeah and if they actually have Stannis hire the Golden Company it will completely derail the storyline of the show compared to the books...

It's called setting up future storylines.

[*]Stannis and Davos go to Braavos this season but get turned down by the Iron Bank because the IB wants to give the Iron Throne a chance to start repayment. When Crazy Season 5 Cersei decides to not do any of that shit, the IB will send its representative to Stannis to work out a deal like in Book 5.

[*]The Golden Company was referenced solely to plant the name in non-readers heads, so when it is brought up next season they'll know it's an army of BAMFs.

Or Cersei the misunderstood repressed discrimunated against queen who is a rape victim instead of the bat shit power hungry misogynistic wreck that she is in the books

lol, I agree, but the thing about Cersei is that even after all her "wickedness" so to speak, I still felt completely terrible for her during her Walk of Shame. It made me want to throw up. Now can you imagine how the TV audience will feel after they've softend her up so much?

They've lessened Cersei's crimes for two reasons

1) To make us hate Joffrey even more

2) To make it that her going off the deep-end following the whammy of events this season is far more affecting to non-readers.

They've lessened Cersei's crimes for two reasons

1) To make us hate Joffrey even more

2) To make it that her going off the deep-end following the whammy of events this season is far more affecting to non-readers.

Do you think they will cut her antics with Qyburn?

Commissioning the sadistic torture of innocent men to get false confessions implicating Margaery not to mention giving one of her handmaids to Qyburn, apparently for his own amusement, yeah that's not exactly going to win her any fans.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn

Non readers need to start reading pronto #sorrynotsorry ;)Finally saw the episode , funny thing is just before I watched scandal season 3 finale and there I was thinking huck and quinn having sex in a room where a guy was stabbed and the blood puddle was still on the floor was gross but my opinion got tempered by cersei and jaime "rape" scene next to their dead son corpse ( no small feat)I'm not nearly as outrage about it as some people are esp if they are non readers, she's one cunning cold fish in the books , anyone who believes her act and protestations I'd say beware she plays jaime like a fiddle ! Agree about her being her father's rightful heir! I certainly hope they're not softening her up for real and she will turn out to be the hateful character of the books I don't believe a word she says about her and jaime being wrong , anyone remember her speech to ned stark about them , she might not care for him anymore now that he is maimed but it never crosses her mind that what they are to each is wrong and its certainly not the reason she's giving him the cold shoulder now Meanwhile the adventures of arya and the hound down ...up ? The mississippi continue Sir davos is a natural , learn to read real quick who knew ? Even stannis remarks on it the surly pretender of dragonstone has humour Loved convo between tywin and prince oberyn these two wield words nearly as deadly as swords Littlefinger how I missed thee (not really guy has this creepy pedo vibe with sansa) bye bye sansa ! Bye bye pod too you were a loyal servant to tyrion indeed ! As for my dear one true queen of westeros 7 kingdoms , she continues her trek of freeing slaves , though everytime she raised her head to look at mereen slaves I kept wondering what's with the show we've seen this before she should have had drogon dracarys that little pisser on his horse and fini! Guess they had to give upgrade daarios something to do and a reason for daenerys to "swoon" ok ok eye him and go all hmm he looks doable and mother of dragons entire day can't be all about her babies she needs some TLC her dragons can't give her I loved that Maergery was all peeved at being a widow again, I'd start to wonder too lol but grandma Tyrell knows best ! Best line of the episode even if it hurt grrr , think it was the hound to arya about how many starks need to be beheaded before she gets it I was like BURN ! Ahhh GoT I love you I hate you !

I'm fine with them cutting Strong Belwas.I had hoped though they'd give the Meereenese champion scene to Barristan so we could finally see him kick butt in live action. Otherwise we're going to have to wait probably until the end of next season when he has the epic solo fight against Hiz-face's bodyguard.