Plain Old Tele

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

So damn good. Fantasy is the best genre. The second movie is just as good as the first. Too bad the third one Was so off. But Prince Caspian has that something (magic :P ) that makes me smile after I see it and start imagining things even more than usual. :lol:

A

It definitely is a substantial improvement. Darker, surer of itself and many times more exciting than the predecessor ever was. It shows a more confident and more refined Andrew Adamson. The action sequence in the castle is pretty good and the last battle is a helluva lot better than the fluffy one from the first. I quite like the ending as well, the music matched the farewell tone of that sequence perfectly, it really feels like a warm goodbye, serving as the final film so I can pretend the third one never existed.

Its biggest problem is the first hour, basically nothing happens. Prince escapes from death, calls the Pevensie brothers and they all wander around Narnia doing nothing, during one hour, that is almost half of the movie. A lot of it should have been trimmed from the final cut.  

Narnia 2 70/100
Narnia 1 55/100
Narnia 3 20/100