A Marvel Fanboy

Young (85s) and Rising Actresses in Hollywood to Watch

Ah, I though I was the only one thinking Joey King is loaded with potential. She really stands out in everything I see her in. Heck, I had no idea she was in The Conjuring, but her performance was top notch.

A lot of actresses on the list have clearly already made it big, Jennifer Lawrence, Carey Mulligan, Emma Stone. With them it's just a matter of how big they can become. Many of the names have made it to the regularly cast level, maybe not leading material (yet), but frequently working in big movies.

I really like Saoirse, but I'm beginning to thing she might end up being one of those "could have been big" actresses, lots of talent but never really getting that 1 big role that showcases their talent and launches them to the next level.

I might also put Alexandra Daddario (1986) on the list.

Saoirse should stop trying to out-Moretz Moretz. In the last few years she made couple of movies right after Moretz made them (Hanna after KA, Byzantinum after Let Me In) so pattern is pretty obvious. Just be yourself and stop being focused on finding the next franchise to be the lead in. Not everyone is made to be a boxoffice queen but also not everyone is made to be Winslet either. IMO, Ronan is more Winslet type.

Looking at the list from the first post, and only the names on that list my impression is....

Only Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone are already A list or truly close to it.

The following names have little or no chance of going beyond the working actress level, even though they may occasionally land a big role.

Amber Heard

Annasophia Robb

Blake Lively

Dianna Agron

Ellen Page

Emily Browning

Emma Roberts

Evan Rachel Wood

Keira Knightley

Megan Fox

Mia Wasikowska

Rosie Huntington-Whitley

Obviously some will, and have already, done better than others, but I don't see any of these becoming A-List leading ladies.

Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart are interesting cases, both are obviously huge do to long running franchises, but neither has broken out apart from those franchises. I just don't see Kristen breaking out with her limited range and so far Emma is tring the small movie route, but hasn't had too much success yet, although Perks of Being a Wallflower should have done so much better.

Most of the rest of the list, I don't think their paths are clear yet, odds are against them, of course, since A-Listers are by their very nature a rare commodity maybe 1 or 2 might end up there, or even none and someone will come out of nowhere and surpass them all.

• Like 1

Looking at the list from the first post, and only the names on that list my impression is....

Only Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone are already A list or truly close to it.

The following names have little or no chance of going beyond the working actress level, even though they may occasionally land a big role.

Amber Heard

Annasophia Robb

Blake Lively

Dianna Agron

Ellen Page

Emily Browning

Emma Roberts

Evan Rachel Wood

Keira Knightley

Megan Fox

Mia Wasikowska

Rosie Huntington-Whitley

Obviously some will, and have already, done better than others, but I don't see any of these becoming A-List leading ladies.

Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart are interesting cases, both are obviously huge do to long running franchises, but neither has broken out apart from those franchises. I just don't see Kristen breaking out with her limited range and so far Emma is tring the small movie route, but hasn't had too much success yet, although Perks of Being a Wallflower should have done so much better.

Most of the rest of the list, I don't think their paths are clear yet, odds are against them, of course, since A-Listers are by their very nature a rare commodity maybe 1 or 2 might end up there, or even none and someone will come out of nowhere and surpass them all.

Thanks for you good analyst.

But:

1. Mia is already A Lister... 

2. Why no Annasophia Robb and Ellen Page ? Their acting is very good. And they get major movie chances.

3. KK was an A lister lol. Not sure about now though.

4. Too bad Evan Rachel Wood seems disappeared ... she could have happened. what a lovely.

Thanks for you good analyst.

But:

1. Mia is already A Lister... 

2. Why no Annasophia Robb and Ellen Page ? Their acting is very good. And they get major movie chances.

3. KK was an A lister lol. Not sure about now though.

4. Too bad Evan Rachel Wood seems disappeared ... she could have happened. what a lovely.

I don't see Mia as an A-Lister, I see her as a working actress who sometimes lands a big role. Looking at her filmography nothing stands out, she actually looks more like an Indie Queen, which may be where she ultimately lands. I actually could see Mia possibly win an Oscar some day with those kinds of roles, but even that doesn't automatically make one an A-lister,

KK was close, but never quite got there.

Ellen Page, again, a good start that just fizzled out.

Obviously opinions may differ, especially since there is no set definition of what A-List actually is.

I see it as someone who who is high profile, has an overall successful movie history, including clear lead roles. A-listers also have the luxury of being offered roles without going through the audition process (not every role obviously). You know when you are in the elite group when directors and studios start seeking you out specifically. Being in a major franchise is also an asset, as it raises their profile even more, but not absolutely necessary. Charisma and personality are also major benefits.

Using this definition Only JLaw and Emma Stone match up from this list (so far)

• Like 1

Emma Stone is far from A lister. She only co-stars in movies. She cant sell movies on her own.

Yeah, your precious bland face Wasikowska is such a big draw. :rolleyes:

She is the only 1B actress (as leading role) in the world.  B)

Yeah, and Winslet is the only 2B leading actress in the world. B)

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Emma Stone is far from A lister. She only co-stars in movies. She cant sell movies on her own.

Female wise, almost nobody can except if you are Jolie, Streep, Bullock occasionnaly or leading romantic comedies.

How long Melissa Mccarthy schtick last ?

• Like 1

Melissa is going Harvey drama. I love Melissa upset. Hollywood was wasting money trying charisma vaccuums like Olivia Wilde,etc to happen and then comes unconventional babe Melissa and wins the boxoffice. Go Melissa! Go Adele (another upset to bare midrif stick insects, only music version)!

• Like 4