A Marvel Fanboy

Young (85s) and Rising Actresses in Hollywood to Watch

Emma Stone is far from A lister. She only co-stars in movies. She cant sell movies on her own.

There may be an argument as to whether she has made the A-list yet, but she isn't "far from an A-lister".

I am, of course, extremely biased when it comes to Emma, but she is headlining movies. She was the driving force in Easy A, the technical lead in The Help, the lead and narrator in The Croods, the female lead in both the next Woody Allen and Cameron Crowe movies (both of which she was offered outright).

Emma is getting major roles without having to audition and she is one of the most liked celebrities out there.  Fans love her and both directors and other actors who have worked with her want to work with her again.

Heck, Emma played matchmaker between her publicist (Holly Shakoor) and her Director (Ruben Fleischer) and ended up officiating their wedding.

She's also earning A-List money, both JLaw and Emma made their debut on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list this year (#49 and #84 respectively).

Considering Emma's slender frame and lack of big boobs, a surprising number of guys still gravitate towards her. The AskMen annual survey just came out and Emma came in #1 as best girlfriend material with 29%, JLaw finished a close 2nd with 28%.

If Emma isn't A-list yet, she's getting close.

Emma Stone is not A-list. Or you got to consider Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams as leggit A-listers then.

I think all three are A-list at the moment. I think that in terms of young/youngish actresses who get top choice of scripts, all three are at the top of Hollywood's current 'hot' list.

I think all three are A-list at the moment. I think that in terms of young/youngish actresses who get top choice of scripts, all three are at the top of Hollywood's current 'hot' list.

I'll believe Stone's A-lister status when she signs up for a prestige role. So far, that wasn't offered to her. And pleaee, nobody brings up The Help because her role wasn't baity at all. It was obvious from the book which ones were and neither went to her.

• Like 2

The most promising young actresses are Chloe Moretz and Elle Fanning.  They both have the ability to present a  genuine sense of wisdom beyond their years.

My money is on Elle Fanning at the moment.

Chloe will fade away as she becomes a woman, like Elle's sister.

Edited by The Futurist

How the fuck's Chloe going to fade away? She has more charisma than any teen actress currently working. if anyone's going to fade away it's Ronan because she thinks she's a natural born lead in action movies whereas she is really effective as a supporting player in heavy dramas. Chloe in KA kicks the shit out of Ronan in Hanna because Hanna is a great layered performence but thin on charisma while Hit Girl in KA is bold and charismatic as hell.

I'll believe Stone's A-lister status when she signs up for a prestige role. So far, that wasn't offered to her. And pleaee, nobody brings up The Help because her role wasn't baity at all. It was obvious from the book which ones were and neither went to her.

No telling until we get some details, but generally speaking starring in a Woody Allen movie is pretty prestigious. His movies may not make hundreds of millions of dollars but they are pretty good at showcasing the leading ladies.

As for other actresses, the really young ones like Moretz and Elle Fanning are hard to assess. They are both riding a wave of success right now and clearly have potential, but so many have trouble transitioning into more adult roles as they get older, like Elle's sister, Dakota. Of course in Dakota's case it's not helping that she still looks far younger than her age, heck, she looks younger than Elle.

No telling until we get some details, but generally speaking starring in a Woody Allen movie is pretty prestigious. His movies may not make hundreds of millions of dollars but they are pretty good at showcasing the leading ladies.

As for other actresses, the really young ones like Moretz and Elle Fanning are hard to assess. They are both riding a wave of success right now and clearly have potential, but so many have trouble transitioning into more adult roles as they get older, like Elle's sister, Dakota. Of course in Dakota's case it's not helping that she still looks far younger than her age, heck, she looks younger than Elle.

Dakota looks creepy. She's pretty but creepy. That isn't relatable. Ronan has the same problem.

A list of the 25 best actresses in their 20's from Complex Magazine.

http://www.complexmag.ca/pop-culture/2013/07/the-25-best-actresses-in-their-20s/

Interesting list, most of the names you expect to see and a few unusual choices. Of the 25 names on this list the one I'm most curious about is Kaya Scodelario. I've seen her appear on lists like this before, but I've never actually seen her in anything yet (well, she was in Clash of the Titans but I have no recollection of it. I think I've managed to block most of that movie from my memory.Posted Image)

Scodelario won't happen. She has ridiculously aggressive PR that tried their damnest to nab her Katniss. They posed as fans all over the Internet uging Lionsgate that she and nobody else was Katniss. They made DevianArt with her as Katniss. To no avail. Nobody was fooled.

Quite a few of the 25 Complex chosed I cant see happen.

Gemma Arterton is there ... for what ?

I like Rachel Wood but she almost disppeared from big sceen at the moment.

As for a few others, dont even bother to check ...

Edited by firedeep