Grown Ups 2 (2013)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Noticed this is still holding up with a 90% like from audience on Flixster, which is higher than the first and alot of other movies out there.

And reading other places and Twitter, some are saying this was funny.

I don't think there's anything wrong with laughing at their own jokes (Porky's did this very well).  But the jokes have to be funny.  In here, imo, they are not.

Delivery of jokes can be botched by laughing though. I laugh at some jokes I make 'after' I've said them. Sandler tends to laugh at them while he's saying them, which ruins the effect of the joke. I just wish he'd keep that laughing under control.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

Delivery of jokes can be botched by laughing though. I laugh at some jokes I make 'after' I've said them. Sandler tends to laugh at them while he's saying them, which ruins the effect of the joke. I just wish he'd keep that laughing under control.

I didnt realize this until I saw the honest trailer
  • Like 1

Wondering if that is a sign they arent trained very well as actors???

Wondering if that is a sign they arent trained very well as actors???

I've seen some of Sandler's past movies where he keeps that shit in line. But it's the director's fault as well. He's the one who keeps in the footage of them laughing at their own lame ass jokes.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Another problem with his films nowadays, particularly this director, is that not only is there an overabundance of over-the-top slapstick gags; the gags are also way too telegraphed. With Grown Ups 1, you could tell well in advance where that rope on a tree bit was headed. In this, it's enough that they needed to have a gag involving a deer comprised of CGI. But when they call it back with Taylor Lautner in the end, you could easily tell when he took the stuffed monkey that the deer was coming for him. But they made it way too easy by showing the deer before it went to tackle him. They just should've shown Lautner playing with the monkey and then bam out of nowhere, hit by the deer.

Edited by Jay Beezy

This easily gets my vote for the worst film (if you can even call it that) of 2013. Coming from someone who actually enjoyed the original and finds most of Adam Sandlers movies entertaining...this was just awful, and a struggle to sit through and finish. The only thing redeeming about it was Sandlers usual use of gorgeous girls as scenery.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

With Scary Movie 5 and Movie 43 as one of the worst of the year. God this was awful.1/10

Yep. In fact, SM5, M43 and GU2 are in my bottom 3 for the year.

This was just awful on every level. I think I chuckled once but otherwise I sat there in utter horror at how unfunny this was and I think I was only 15-minutes in! I think I checked the time remaining 20 times because this thing just dragged on with no end in sight.

½*/*****, (F, 1/10, 0/4)

• Like 1