#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

You can't build a new franchise without risking a potential flop. There would be no TA franchise, Pirates franchise, Transformers franchise without big budget gambles on IM1, CotBP, TF1

even more sad when some gambles are lost :(

I'm not. Grown-Ups was one of his most popular films. They marketed this to the general masses unlike the "For Geeks Only" strategy of Pacific Rim (because that totally worked for Scott Pilgrim and Kick Ass). Saw people (especially women) light up when the trailer played. And after a recent string of under-performers/flops, Sandler was due another big hit.

Yeah I see your point I just felt that there was no clamour for the sequel, for my perspective the first one is ok but I did not feel there was a need for a sequel

MoS was a good film,imo.

Couldnt understand why the superman suit was in the scout ship, there was an empty pod in the scout ship open alongside one with a body inside - what happened to the inhabitant? Surprised that the "key" that was 30 years old worked in an 18 thousand year old ship - no tech advances? why he did nothing during the Tornado?

If it's such a turd, then why is it 72% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes? 40% higher than Battleshit. And if you want to talk about turds, talk about Grown Ups 2. That's a big turd, and the only summer movie with an RT score in the single digits, but that still made a crap ton money. It just shows you how most of the GA likes crap like Sandler or the Transformer films because of familiarity or brand recognition, whereas original summer films with no big names end of flopping like Pacific Rim or Dredd or Scott Pilgrim. And if Elysium ends up flopping, then enjoy another few summers of crappy sequels no one asked for.

Why are you obsessed with what critics think of a film?  Is your enjoyment of something based solely on what others think?

You think that's air your breathing?

• Like 2

Shocked by GU2's gross this weekend - I felt early 30's, still it will not have the legs of the original and I think it will finish somewhere between $100-120

Original was loved

4X

highest grossing Sandler film

Bound to open in the 40's, I thought even 50

Legs will not be as good imo because its not as much a family comedy this time

And it sucks

• Like 2

DM2 felt cheap similar to the drop in quality from Space Chimps to Space Chimps 2 (in percentage terms)

I don't know what's more astounding that they made a Space Chimps 2 or that they made a Space Chimps 1
  • Like 2