CJohn

Avatar: Fire and Ash | December 19, 2025 | RIP Jon Landau

2 hours ago, Eric is Missing said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I always assummed it was a cameo, like daniel craig's stormtrooper one

It will be 2 months since a2 started its theater run. A month since it was obvious a2 is a huge financial success. Yet there has been no announcement that filming of parts 4 and 5 has gotten the green light. 2026 is not that far away. I am getting  seriously worried that part 4 release date was not a firm plan but something Cameron isn't keen on. Work must start very soon if 2026 release is to be met. Yet another one year delay to 2027 is not an option.

5 minutes ago, eridani said:

Work must start very soon if 2026 release is to be met. Yet another one year delay to 2027 is not an option.

why not? seems like most are expecting a delay and are ok with it

14 hours ago, eridani said:

It will be 2 months since a2 started its theater run. A month since it was obvious a2 is a huge financial success. Yet there has been no announcement that filming of parts 4 and 5 has gotten the green light. 2026 is not that far away. I am getting  seriously worried that part 4 release date was not a firm plan but something Cameron isn't keen on. Work must start very soon if 2026 release is to be met. Yet another one year delay to 2027 is not an option.

Pretty sure filming started a while ago. 

“There’s rainforest, there’s arctic, there’s desert, there’s oceans, all those different biomes and all the creatures and cultures. Not only did we have to do creature design, but we had to do cultural design and imagining what these different Na’vi adaptations to these different biomes might look like. Desert people, the Windtraders that travel around, that sort of thing.”

40 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

When it's June 20, then it will be moved to the main forum :)

where will avatar 2's historic thread, filled with hundreds of my stupid ramblings, go?

17 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

where will avatar 2's historic thread, filled with hundreds of my stupid ramblings, go?

It will be placed into the Archived Topics section whenever some mod or admin feels like doing it. Could be in a year from now, could be 3 years from now, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

It will be placed into the Archived Topics section whenever some mod or admin feels like doing it. Could be in a year from now, could be 3 years from now, etc.

hope that never happens!

ps: if a topic is archived can it be un-archived? I mean from a technical perspective, lets imagine I'm still here 5 years from now and the thread get locked, if my sentimental ass kindly asks an admin or mod to open it one time so that I can say my goodbyes to all the silliness (and the wasted hours) that went on in there, would anything be able to stop a willing mod from doing so?