Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Friday gross: 8.5 crore

So things back to normal after a couple of days of Eid boost.

2nd week is likely to be around 55 crore with 210 crore cume.

3rd week will see a big drop due to It's Entertainment opening. Maybe 15 crore 3rd week.

After that Singham 2 opens, and Kick won't be able to add much, maybe 5 crore for the rest of the run.

So 230 crore finish ($51m).

• Like 2

Guardians of the Galaxy should have been released this weekend. Next week its opening against a major movie, and the following weekend it will have to face an even bigger movie.Now, I don't think it will be able to do more than 2m.

• Like 1

Guardians of the Galaxy should have been released this weekend. Next week its opening against a major movie, and the following weekend it will have to face an even bigger movie.Now, I don't think it will be able to do more than 2m.

Entertainment may not do that well, but Singham Returns is going to destroy everything in its path.

I think GOTG will do well in India as well. I hope it does better than Entertainment(Not figure wise, but trend wise).

Entertainment may not do that well, but Singham Returns is going to destroy everything in its path.

Entertainment will almost certainly have putrid WOM and will probably crash after Singham Returns opens.... but during OW, it will pull in decent numbers, especially after Holiday's success, but more important than that it will get a big screen count and consequently GotG won't be able to get as many showtimes as it could have got.

Entertainment will almost certainly have putrid WOM and will probably crash after Singham Returns opens.... but during OW, it will pull in decent numbers, especially after Holiday's success, but more important than that it will get a big screen count and consequently GotG won't be able to get as many showtimes as it could have got.

OUATIMD also got off to a good start... Akshay movies take fantastic openings but from Monday onwards the WOM factor kicks in and collections drop... I expect a 13-14 Cr opening for Entertainment considering the opening Humshakals received.

If Ajay can pull off 25 Cr then anything is possible!

Actually Friday is a holiday (15th August). Otherwise 20 crore would be probable.I see something like:Friday: 25Saturday: 20Sunday: 25Monday: 18 (which again is a holiday)Tue: 9Wed: 7Thurs: 6110 crore opening week. 2nd week drop would be severe, over 70%.Overall 150 crore+ finish.

Actually Friday is a holiday (15th August). Otherwise 20 crore would be probable.

I see something like:

Friday: 25

Saturday: 20

Sunday: 25

Monday: 18 (which again is a holiday)

Tue: 9

Wed: 7

Thurs: 6

110 crore opening week. 2nd week drop would be severe, over 70%.

Overall 150 crore+ finish.

110 Cr opening week? 

My expectations: 

Friday: 21 Cr

Saturday: 16 Cr

Sunday: 23 Cr

Monday: 15 Cr

Tue: 7.5 Cr

Wed: 7 Cr

Thurs: 5.5 Cr

1st week - 95 Cr

2nd week - 25-27 Cr

Lifetime - 135 Cr

:P

Bollywood Remake of The Fault in Our Stars announced:

Posted Image

A still from the movie The Fault In Our Stars
Fox Star Studios on Wednesday announced that a Bollywood remake of Hollywood movie The Fault In Our Stars is in the pipeline. (Also Read Movie Review - The Fault in Our Stars)

"Every once in a while comes a special film that goes on to define the emotions of a generation. The Fault In Our Stars resonates with the emotions of today's youth and has found appeal across audience demographics. We are hugely excited to be adapting the film for Bollywood and can't wait to get started," Fox Star Studios CEO Vijay Singh said in a statement.

The film received a positive response when it released in India. The film is now being remade in Hindi by Fox Star Studios, which holds the original rights to the film and the book.

The makers are currently gearing up to adapt the script to suit Bollywood sensibilities.

The Hollywood film narrates the story of a sixteen-year-old cancer patient, who falls in love with a former basketball player - also a cancer survivor. It is a poignant love story, and the producers are sure they will recreate the magic in the Hindi version.

The Fault In Our Stars was directed by Josh Boone and starred Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort - the two have now become America's hearthrobs after doing the movie. 

The film was made with a budget of $12 million and grossed over $260 million worldwide, making it a thunderous success story.

Bollywood Remake of The Fault in Our Stars announced:

Wasn't "Ankhiyon ke Jharokon Se" effectively the same story (yes, it was copied from 'Love Story'). And will Indian teenagers show up for a weepathon based on a book which wasn't that popular in India anyway?

Wasn't "Ankhiyon ke Jharokon Se" effectively the same story (yes, it was copied from 'Love Story'). And will Indian teenagers show up for a weepathon based on a book which wasn't that popular in India anyway?

Cast Alia Bhatt as the lead and it will ensure 2 States or Humpty numbers. :P

Why? Is it because the competition from local movies?

Yeah. Normally when a major local movie opens, it gets a huge chunk of showtimes, and other openers, unless an established property like Iron Man or Transformers, won't be able to get many.Holdovers lose most of their showtimes too, and therefore Guardians will again be affected next weekend when another big local movie opens.In other words, Guardians is f***ed.
  • Like 2