Plain Old Tele

Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)

Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I remember thinking this was just okay at the time and not being surprised it didn't break out in a major way. Also I saw this a couple of days after the tsunami and there was a house teetering over a body of water and people in the audience seemed to be unnerved by it. I did think Emily Browning was really good and that she'd be a huge star, which hasn't happened. Liam Aiken, I saw him on Mad Men playing a high school kid earlier this year. Talk about losing out: he could've been The Sixth Sense kid and then Chris Columbus considered him for Harry Potter but "his mom is Irish" wasn't enough to for him to make the cut with that franchise, either.

Was a good movie, nothing more, nothing less. Jim Carrey's character got on my nerves, mostly because of the way he was portrayed. Emily Browning was quite good - I wish she would've become a bigger star. Thing I noticed and found very annoying was the fact that is was very poorly directed sometimes,like the actors didn't get any kind of instructions at all. The movie did look very good, even on the small screen I watched it on. Overall, I'd say B-... For now

Edited by ChD