Water Bottle

RENEWED/CANCELLED DISCUSSION | Official Thread

ABC's whole Tuesday block is such an embarrassment in ratings. This will definitely be the last season of Agents of SHIELD, while one of, if not all three, Selfie, Manhattan Love Story, and Forever will be gone before the end of the year. I watched a few minutes of Manhattan Love Story last night and holy shit it is terrible. What a grating concept for a TV show, can't imagine enduring an entire season of that.

• Community Manager

Yeah, I think Agents of SHIELD is going down this year. Sleepy Hollow is getting very weak ratings compared to last year on FOX.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is doing fine for now. Sleepy Hollow is doing well relative to other FOX shows.

CBS RENEWS HIT SERIES "UNDER THE DOME" AND "EXTANT"

Returning Dramas Join the Reality Hit "Big Brother" and the

New Drama "Zoo" on CBS's 2015 Summer Line-Up

CBS announced today that the hit series UNDER THE DOME and EXTANT will return for broadcast in summer 2015. Both from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television, UNDER THE DOME returns for its third season, and EXTANT for its sophomore season.

"We're committed to delivering our viewers and advertisers year-round programming with a wide variety of storytelling," said Nina Tassler, Chairman, CBS Entertainment. "We continue to see summer as a great place for unique concepts, innovative business models and passionate television audiences."

The successful second season of UNDER THE DOME was the summer’s top scripted series, with 11 million viewers, 2.7/08 in adults 18-49 and 3.6/10 in adults 25-54. EXTANT, starring Academy Award winner Halle Berry, won its 10:00 PM time period with 8.64 million viewers, 1.7/06 in adults 18-49 and 2.3/07 in adults 25-54. In addition to their broadcast on the Network, UNDER THE DOME and EXTANT had additional viewing on Amazon’s Prime Instant Video, which provided exclusive online subscription streaming four days after the airing on CBS.

For summer 2015, UNDER THE DOME and EXTANT will join the previously announced freshman drama ZOO, based on James Patterson's bestselling novel, and the next edition of the summer reality hit BIG BROTHER, which has been renewed for 2015 and 2016.

About UNDER THE DOME

UNDER THE DOME tells the story of a small town that is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town's inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away. UNDER THE DOME is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Amblin Television. Steven Spielberg, Stephen King, Neal Baer, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank and Stacey Snider are executive producers.

About EXTANT

EXTANT is a mystery thriller about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history. EXTANT is a co-production of CBS Television Studios and Amblin Television. Steven Spielberg, Greg Walker, Mickey Fisher, Brooklyn Weaver, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank and Halle Berry serve as executive producers. Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas is a co-executive producer.

• Community Manager

How to Get Away with Murder and Black-Ish have received full season orders. Murder only gets two extra episodes because Viola Davis wants to continue her film career. The latter show gets the normal nine back-order.

How to Get Away with Murder and Black-Ish have received full season orders. Murder only gets two extra episodes because Viola Davis wants to continue her film career. The latter show gets the normal nine back-order.

Good, they are the only new shows I'm watching this season (Black-ish is definitely a keeper).

http://tvline.com/2014/10/24/manhattan-love-story-cancelled-abc/  

ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation

By Andy Swift / 

October 24 2014, 6:25 PM PDT
  •  
fall-tv-breakout-stars-2.jpg?w=300&h=208

ABC’s Manhattan Love Story is not getting a happy ending.

The romantic comedy — which starred Analeigh Tipton and Jake McDorman as a new couple in the Big Apple — has been cancelled, making it the first official victim of the fall TV season.

The internal monologue-heavy rom-com premiered on Oct. 1 to 4.7 million total viewers and a 1.5 rating, and by its fourth outing had dropped to 2.7 mil/0.7. Even more damming, the show was only seeing a 15 percent boost from Live+7 DVR playback — the lowest return of any scripted series this fall.

...story continues at above link.....

Edited by Lazer Deadshot

Clearly you have yet to see Mulaney.

I'm not even gonna bother with that blatant Seinfeld rip-off. However, it's hard to imagine it (or anything this fall, really) being much worse than Manhattan Love Story, which has an obnoxious and sexist concept that wore out its welcome about one minute into the pilot.

• Community Manager

Mulaney isn't good, but it isn't horrible.

No, Mulaney is downright shitty. There's zero redeeming value in any of the episodes that have aired so far.

I'm not even gonna bother with that blatant Seinfeld rip-off. However, it's hard to imagine it (or anything this fall, really) being much worse than Manhattan Love Story, which has an obnoxious and sexist concept that wore out its welcome about one minute into the pilot.

Manhattan Love Story had it's huge share of problems but at least it had actors/actresses who could read the material and deliver it (even if the material is terrible). Mulaney doesn't even have that.

No, Mulaney is downright shitty. There's zero redeeming value in any of the episodes that have aired so far.

I think Mulaney has gotten slightly better each week, but it is still not that good, but I am hoping it keeps getting better. I have hated shows more than this for longer, but stuck with them and they became great shows. For example, I hated the whole short first season of Parks and Rec, but stuck with it and now it is one of my favorite sitcoms. So, I am not ready to write off Mulaney since I think John Mulaney is really hilarious outside of this show.

Edited by Empire

• Community Manager

I think Mulaney has gotten slightly better each week, but it is still not that good, but I am hoping it keeps getting better. I have hated shows more than this for longer, but stuck with them and they became great shows. For example, I hated the whole short first season of Parks and Rec, but stuck with it and now it is one of my favorite sitcoms. So, I am not ready to write off Mulaney since I think John Mulaney is really hilarious outside of this show.

Yeah but Parks and Recreation's problem in the first season was terrible writing. I actually contend Mulaney has good sit-com scripts that would be better with a different cast: the problem with Mulaney is that John Mulaney is a shitty sit-com actor and the rest of the cast has been sub-par at best.

And I say this as someone who was looking forward to the show because I like Mulaney's stand-up.